PDA

View Full Version : Inserting Eyes

Mekare
February 29th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Sooooo... I'm very new to all of this... Aaaaaand... I have to admit that I don't know how to insert the eyes... I watched a video which showed how to roll the putty and put it around the eye and then put it into the socket, but that was on a big doll! And RED is so small... and there's the elastic there and the metal ring... and... and...

*hides under the rug*

(a beat)

Could someone be so kind and show me how to do it?...

Maybe with photos?

*whisper*

...or a video...

(long beat)

Thank you.

*stays under the rug*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dina
February 29th, 2016, 12:36 PM
So like me ... welcome to the whole new world of dolls ... being novice means we get to invent new approaches maybe! The eyes are sooo small, I found the easiest is to make a thin sausage (no bigger than the eye) with a putty on which you stick the eye to the end. This acts as a handle to help position the eye and then squish the sausage down once you have the ideal position. I then use a toothpick to fine tune maneuvering.

I bought eye putty but found it was the same as silicone ear putty.

merrijane
February 29th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Hehe...come out from under that rug Mekare! I think everyone struggles with these tiny eyes. :)

Bibarina
February 29th, 2016, 03:15 PM
He he! I'm with you under the rug Mekare! Couldn't stand all that fiddling around so a gave my girl permanent eyes lol! Groan!.... just have to paint them now!

Grevling
February 29th, 2016, 03:23 PM
He he! I'm with you under the rug Mekare! Couldn't stand all that fiddling around so a gave my girl permanent eyes lol! Groan!.... just have to paint them now!

How do you give them permanent eyes?

Galacticat
February 29th, 2016, 06:24 PM
I left the eyes for Angel Toast to insert- if you are sending your girl off to a face-up artist, I am sure they will put the eyes in for you :) (otherwise the sausage roll + toothpick poke method works best)

Mekare
February 29th, 2016, 07:01 PM
*mumbles something inaudible from under the rug*

Mekare
February 29th, 2016, 07:03 PM
*pokes her head out*

I was saying, that I am thinking of leaving it to the faceup artist too...

Bibarina
February 29th, 2016, 08:32 PM
How do you give them permanent eyes?

I used an epoxy resin Grevling.

Grevling
February 29th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Thanks Bibarina ! (sounds scary :D)

Mekare
March 4th, 2016, 01:54 AM
All of this sounds super scary :)))

Leadinglady
March 4th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Toothpicks, tweezers and a lot of patience when inserting eyes.

Mekare
March 6th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Such a tiny format to work with :( But, I must say, I think ED size is the best. Not to offend anyone with bigger dolls. But Realistically, it's the easiest one to own, store, display. But those tiny eyes! :))))