+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: tencat's doll- it happened!

Hooray for progress! She's coming along... how big is she?
    Good luck with your birthday project too.

My doll is starting out at 12 inches.I want her small but I don't know after shrinkage how difficult it will be to work that size. Her eyes will be hard to paint, they'll be tiny.

Beautiful beginning Tencats, nice looking body , keep working and put more pictures of your work on the forum

I am excited, in 24 hours I have found access to wax tools and use of a kiln that won't cost me anything! I feel really silly, I emailed my art teacher from high school, and she offered me use of the kiln in the art room. I realized that that kiln was bought with money from a contest I won in high school! So when I start sculpting on my doll again, I have hope to be able to finish it in porcelain! I want something to play with! (My daughter won't let me dress her anymore!)

I am grateful to have the resources I have! Sculpt updated coming...at some point.

Great news Tencats!!! We wish you luck with your sculpting and will wait for the progress and beautiful dolls!!!

Wow tencats that is fantastic news! Sounds mighty serendipitous to me

Oh wow. Wondering how I didn't notice this thread earlier.. :rolleyes:

It's really cool what you're doing! And I'm sure she will have arms and legs Definitely looking forward to see updates.

That's a great news! I bet that at the time you won the contest in highschool you did not expected that it would have benefited you years later! It's a nice story .
    So now we are waiting for the dolls to come!

I'm finishing up my birthday gift, and I'll mail it tomorrow. I am going to start on the doll again tomorrow, maybe tonight.

The story of the contest is funny- my art teacher entered a number of students work-it was a contest by M&M/Mars to design a monster for Halloween. Then she went to the principal and asked if anyone won the art department could have half the money. He laughed and said that if someone won the art department could have all the money. He regretted that! By the time I found out I won I forgot that I'd entered, it was 6 months later. So senior year the art department had a kiln, a pottery wheel, a Mac computer, and I got a big set of Prismacolor colored pencils. It was so fun! I won a trip to Florida, which was awesome because I'd never been. Winning is what gave me the courage to go to art college. It is really neat that I am still benefitting from the contest!

Thanks for the encouragement, you all!!!

Great story, tencats... and it's great to see your doll coming along. I'm enjoying the photos very much!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information