+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Anatomical Correctness & Nudity

I agree nothing to be ashamed of! I went the full monty on Surrea .. curly hairs, pink inner bits and bit of gloss for natural moistness.

It's strange that a lot of people just love seeing all the unclothed Statues across Europe and elsewhere, but get a little crazy when they see for example, Marina's gorgeous naked creatures?? Makes no sense to me. I love the whole process that Marina went through when she was creating her beautiful dolls and that she did go all the way in what the human female' body really looks like, even though, most every female's genitalia looks different, as some have mentioned earlier on this Forum. The naked body is beautiful and should not always be hidden, but I do agree that it is each one's personal preference on how they would like to see, for example, Marina's dolls displayed, clothed or unclothed. I must say that Marina captured a very lifelike look, when she was sculpting the molds for her very famous dolls, they are just perfect in every way, why leave out the private parts? I protect my RED Athena very much from potential hecklers and I know who they are, lol....

Has anybody else been "restricted" on flickr for nudity? I was noticed that bare breasts/bottoms are considered "moderate" and full nudity is considered "restricted". I didn't realize that every picture uploaded has a safety filer and that most of my pictures are NOT considered "safe" by flickr. Anyway, my photos of nude dolls offended someone, and they complained about my account. Sometimes I sort of shroud my dolls when I'm painting them, to mask off their bodies from paint smears/chips and protect their modesty while they wait on the counter for me to finish them. My cat likes to walk over their faces But I don't consider a naked doll to be very controversial at all . . . and my family is used to having naked dolls around the house.

Yeah, it has happened to other people before. It happened to me once (not for ED nudity but for a photo of Monster High with a 'Text From Last Night' text). I know mayple's Flickr account got shut down due to nudity complaints. I think she even started a new account to bypass it 'cause Flickr wouldn't tell you which photos were offensive even after multiple revisions. It's really annoying.

Good luck with it, Dollcat! Hope Flickr unrestricts your account.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

That's annoying- I assume someone probably "reported" you? So petty and ridiculous that an art doll can be considered "restricted" material.

It never ceases to amaze me that people (Americans in particular) can be so uptight with nudity, but totally fine with absolutely disgusting and horrendous violence.

Sorry your account got restricted

My account is still "unsafe" I tried to fix it but failed on the first attempt. I think I overlooked the bare nipple on a blank doll - I don't even see it as a nipple because it's not painted. Ooops.

Eiko I'm starting to worry, after reading your message about Mayple's account getting totally shut down! Scary!! I'm a little fuzzy on why a your text was censored, was it too suggestive? Do they monitor the words in the picture titles if people complain?

Galacticat I totally agree, LOL naked dolls are not a threat to the world But I will think twice before I post next time. I didn't realize some people equate doll nudity with human nudity and so even if I had known about the filters I don't think I would have seen a need to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    Eiko I'm starting to worry, after reading your message about Mayple's account getting totally shut down! Scary!! I'm a little fuzzy on why a your text was censored, was it too suggestive? Do they monitor the words in the picture titles if people complain?
    It included the F-word and a cartoon character. Someone commented that they thought it was disgusting that I would make a cartoon character from a kids' show say that. So I always assumed it was that picture that got me reported.

Mayple's account wasn't shut down. I think she tried to get it marked as 'safe' but after several attempts, she just gave up and opened a new account. My advice to you would be to mark any photo with even the slightest bit of doll nudity as 'not safe'. It's extreme but that's what got my account fixed eventually. You can change it back afterwards.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

hmm, thanks for the thread re Flickr. I went through and just changed all my boobie pics to moderate and the twat ones to restricted. shame really.
    At the last doll show I had a display, it was sad when a young girl said to her mum, look these dolls have no clothes on! To which the mum said, that's because they are being rude. I couldnt resist and said, they're being natural.

Very few people see my flickr stuff, but after reading this thread, I went ahead and applied a "moderate" label to all the dolls in my BJD album. There are lots of boobs in there and I don't have time to label each one...

Hey, I got my Flickr account back to SAFE, taking a very conservative approach to the safety filter, as Eiko suggested. This leaves me bummed because these little dolls photograph the best naked But if you follow the rules at Flickr, and set the filter to restricted, for as Dina says "twat" , it changes everything. People can see the picture on your Flickr page, but you can't make a link to share the picture here (at the forum). Both the Resin Enchanted Doll Flickr group and the Popovy Flickr group won't let you add restricted pictures to their groups? I just discovered the Enchanted Doll Flickr Group does allow sharing of restricted pictures The old BBcodes I made to submit pictures to the forum are still good for a few of my restricted pictures, like my two girls sitting naked in the cabinet (legs crossed) . . . and so you can change the filter for a few minutes to create the BBcode for sharing, then change it back, assuming the culture here at the forum is permissive enough not to complain.

But I guess this debate has been going on for a long time. There's an interesting article about the censoring of Michelangelo's Last Judgement in the 1500's at https://artstor.wordpress.com/2013/1...nt-uncensored/. The question is to rulebreak or NOT? I came across a nice little book of how to paint nudes this week, and had the momentary urge to buy it and try to paint as many as possible, LOL. My house is not a cathedral but there are a lot of big blank walls Flickr doesn't monitor.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information