+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Anatomical Correctness & Nudity

Thanx, Eiko, for taking time and finding that old interviews for us, it is very appreciated.

You know, there almost all russian bjd artists make their dolls with correct genitalia. I believe, that it is definately Marinas influence she starts it and made it standart feature.

Allurose, I agree with your opinion about what art is about.
    And what an genious idea of your friend about "angel" body to let customer to chose!

If you interested, here is my attempt to write a story about how EDs changed my concept about body, but sorry, it is also in russian.

There is a good saying that perfectly conveys the thought that always comes to my mind when people discuss provocative issues - the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thank you all for interesting conversation here!

Nope. Why would I be upset about them? It is after all the decision of the artist to make it they way she wants. I also wouldn't find it upsetting that there would be a doll with 5 penises. I am only curious to the underlying psyche of the artist. I might be weirded out by all kinds of art, but art is art. Why should I be upset that people choose to express something in their own way? I am against social pressures to fit in a certain mold, why would I tell the artist to fit in a mold as well? It is people's freedom, and in no way am I against freedom.

Now rape is a sad and enraging subject matter. And personally find fgm really offensive.

I guess people really don't understand me and assume the worst. Just because I ask people to think in a different manner.

Anatomical Correctness & Nudity

Belldandy, I apologize if I misunderstood you and assumed the worst. I will try to be more careful.
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

Even though I'm not participating, I gotta say I love this thread. Thanks a lot to Eiko for finding those interviews!

As a person who's never seen an ED in real life, I had no idea they had an anus. Is it visible in any picture? I find it strange that I'd never noticed in years of gazing at ED photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelskaya View Post
    I find it strange that I'd never noticed in years of gazing at ED photos.
    It's not their most photogenic angle...

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    It's not their most photogenic angle...
    Lol! Like most humans!

I don't think I've ever seen a picture, not even an unofficial one taken by an owner. And there are relatively few that even show the vulva in any kind of detail. Ah, the deep artistic mysteries of ED... :P
    Follow me on Flickr!

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    I will take photos of anus and vulva of both my porcelain and resin girl to share, will post them here when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by annina View Post
    I will take photos of anus and vulva of both my porcelain and resin girl to share, will post them here when I do.
    That would be really cool, Annina, thank you!

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    Here are the photos, though I can only post links because they are filtered as restricted according to flickr's rules and can't be embedded, only safe pictures can. (I think only flickr members will be able to see restricted photos)

Anus on Resin ED, Vulva on Resin ED

Porcelain ED's Behind, Vulva on Porcelain ED

I wrote "behind" because on my porcelain ED you can't see the anus, I think Marina added it more recently to the sculpt, or it may only be on the Resins.

I have to say, initially it felt a little weird to take photos focussing on my dolls genitalia, but after this photo shoot, even though I have seen their genitalia many times before, I appreciate their beauty even more, and I appreciate that they are anatomically correct. I think they are beautiful with all their ladyparts and ani (is that the plural?).

Edit: I found that Imgur allows sharing of nudity, so below are the photos of Enchanted Doll genitals:

Resin Enchanted Doll:

Porcelain Enchanted Doll:

I felt the same way! A first weird and a little silly, but the detail is really very nice. I like seeing how much work Marina puts into every aspect of her dolls. I think it shows her love for the art that she will focus on parts that are barely seen. I agree, your dolls are beautiful, even at their most "indelicate."

I really like that her dolls have visible inner labia. Many real people have inner labia longer than outer ones, and that is how it looks. So it's nice that there is representation of this because usually the vulvas is portrayed as just a slit. And on resin dolls (not rED, other dolls) it is often pretty slapdash, like they just made a rough line in the clay and called it done. Many people do look like that. But diversity is good and helps prevent people from thinking one way is "normal" and others are malformed or something.
    Last edited by allurose; September 15th, 2014 at 02:51 AM.
    Follow me on Flickr!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information