+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to post photos from flickr

annina is offline friendly Adminja

How to post photos from flickr

Flickr has now added an easy way to post photos on forums. This works for Flickr members and non-members alike.

Steps 1 and 2 - Go to the photo's Flickr page, ...and then click the "Share this" button above the photo:
    Tip: If the words "Share this" are light grey (or if there's no "Share this" button at all), the photographer does NOT allow you to share their photos here on the forum -- sorry! (But you can still include a link to the Flickr page in your post, if you want.)

Step 3 - Click "Grab the HTML/BBCode":
    Tip: If there is no "Grab the HTML/BBCode" option, the photographer does NOT allow you to share their photos here on the forum -- sorry! (But you can still include a link to the Flickr page in your post, if you want.)

Step 4 - Choose the size you want (note: "medium" will almost always be the best choice!):

Step 5 - Choose the "BBCode" option:

Step 6 - Copy all of the code inside the text box:

Step 7 - Come back to the forum, and paste that code directly into your message (note: you don't need to click any of the little icons first -- just paste it straight in!):
    Tip: Make sure you leave blank spaces before and after the code, so your words and photos don't squish together.

Step 7a (optional) - If you don't want the title printed underneath the photo, delete the second line of the code that you just pasted in:

This step still respects Flickr's link-back guidelines (and keeps them happy), because the photo itself will still be clickable!

...and that's it, you are done!

If you have more photos to post, just repeat those steps. You can include up to ten pictures per post (emoticons like this - - count as pictures too!). If you have more than ten pictures, create additional posts.

------------------------------

Note: Flickr might change this method at any time! If they do, please let me know so I can update this post. :cool:

*~ tutorial enhanced with help from friendly forum elf ~*
    Last edited by annina; November 15th, 2010 at 10:01 PM.

Thank you, Annina - I've 'stickied' this information

Also, it's worth mentioning that part of the terms & conditions of flickr requires that if you are posting your pictures on external sites (such as this one) you provide a link back to the respective page on flickr. When you 'Grab the html', the correct code (including the link) is provided - so you don't need to add/remove anything.

thanks for stickying it Amal, and yes i'm glad that flickr finally added this option as they require the link back to the photo page, like this it's simple!

Yes thanks Annina for this sticky. I think it would be very helpfull for some members here (I was a little bit disapointed with the Flick'r update and I had search for long minutes how to post a pic !!).

If you want to get a different size of the photo to share, you can also hit the magnifying glass icon (its above and to the right of the photo) and then click the "View all sizes" link on the upper right of the page that loads. Go to which ever size you want and right click on the photo (control + click on a Mac) and select "Copy Image Location".

you are right valleyviolet but one would have to add manually so the photo will be a link back to the photopage in flickr, as flickr has the link-back guideline.

it can easily be done by copying the url of the photopage, then here in the forum marking the "img" brackets with the url of the photo itself in between, clicking the "insert Link" icon and pasting the url of the photopage in there.

the code then looks like this.

but for those who don't want to have to get into the code too much, following this tutorial will be easier.

Annina, what a great tutorial: thank you so much...also, many thanks to Amal for making this thread sticky.

The layout of Flickr has changed so I took some new screenshots.

1. Click on the arrow in the bottom right corner.

2. Click on HTML and copy the URL. If it gives you trouble, hold down the Ctrl and A buttons. This should automatically copy all of the URL.

3. Now paste the URL on the ED forum.

4. Remove the highlighted areas and replace it with [img]......[/img]

5. It should look like this now.

6. Click on 'Submit New Thread' or 'Submit Post' and voila, you have posted your photo ^___^
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information