+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: *September 2010 theme: "autumn/spring/back-to-school"*

Ruth it's a joy to participate ! I cannot stop taking photos of her in any free minute ^__^ (is it a regular thing?).

Thanks Annina, those small things, I made them this winter when I began to "study" tatting

Tencats yes I'm so enjoying this marvellous gift ! her face is precious and she seems alive, her eyes are so expressive !

Sculptress the mole isn't permanent, she just liked to have a little "make up" on, but since she's so perfect like this, a beauty mark is more than enough ! (actually I've added 7 to her whole body....7 like the stars of the Pleiades ^_^ .......she seems to love beauty marks as much as I do !!! ).

Lilith, you are right, I was also wondering about this after studying the photos, it might have been the sepia colour, but it might also have been that I tried a darker lip colour on her (just for fun) and then removed it, so there might have been some left in the creases. I have wiped better now, we'll see if they show again (but I don't think so, the creases are not so accentuated in Marina's painting).
    Really I wanted to see her with another colour on just for fun but she's perfect as she is !!! (and that's how I like her best).

Thanks all for your nice comments !
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S · B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    Quote Originally Posted by Grevling View Post
    I cannot stop taking photos of her in any free minute ^__^ (is it a regular thing?).
    oh yes, i remember i just couldn't stop taking pictures of Iðunn when i first got her!

the pleiades, i feel drawn to that star cluster! how cool, i'd love to see a photo where you can see the spots you added.
    the one on her face is very sweet, i think it fits her so well!

oh and, seeing your creations for Pearl made me remember tatting as i had forgotten about it, i'm now checking into getting a tatting shuttle, it looks so intriguing!
    Last edited by annina; October 1st, 2010 at 10:25 PM.

Is this perfect or what?
    She looks wonderful with those great, huge mushrooms, like a wood nymph.
    I love her delicate little necklace too.

She's so precious! And your photos are extremely beautiful and intriguing!!
    Thank you for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by annina View Post

oh and, seeing your creations for Pearl made me remember tatting as i had forgotten about it, i'm now checking into getting a tatting shuttle, it looks so intriguing!
    I cannot tat for the life of me. I knit and crochet, but tatting is apparently never going to be something I can do. It's too bad, because the delicacy and scale are perfect for dolls.

Are you sure dear jslord? I learned only some basics ONLINE, through videos etc. you have a couple of basic things to know, and then it's just a matter of design and how you project the whole final patterns. Crocheting has so many different variations, and knitting too plus it takes so long time...THESE are things I wouldn't be able to, they seem so much more advanced than tatting to me !

Quote Originally Posted by Grevling View Post
    Are you sure dear jslord? I learned only some basics ONLINE, through videos etc. you have a couple of basic things to know, and then it's just a matter of design and how you project the whole final patterns. Crocheting has so many different variations, and knitting too plus it takes so long time...THESE are things I wouldn't be able to, they seem so much more advanced than tatting to me !
    I'm sure. I have a shuttle (somewhere), and I followed the illustrated instructions, but my knots just didn't work, for some reason.
    I wonder if the tatting gene and the gene for physics are related...

^___^ if there is a gene for tatting, I might perhaps have inherited it : I found some shuttles from my great-grandma and I'm using them too!. (Pity I haven't inherited to have a lot of free time too ;( ).

I've seen some people use a long needle to tat, I think it's a quicker and easier method, because you don't need to do "the flip" which is what determines if the knots come right or wrong (but as soon as you understand what this "flip" is, it all becomes much easier...even though at times a knot still comes wrong and so you have to unpick it all.....which is the real painful aspect of tatting !).
    Last edited by Grevling; October 3rd, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

Big Thank you for Monica Ann, and Ama

for the beautiful pics.

Your pics can prolong and save my live, it's like a drug, I'm so addict in ED now, I will not checkin' this website for awhile I need to go to reharb with Lindsey Lohan.
    ----------------

Quote Originally Posted by annina View Post
    the pleiades, i feel drawn to that star cluster! how cool, i'd love to see a photo where you can see the spots you added.
    the one on her face is very sweet, i think it fits her so well!
    Stars, and precious stones/crystals....things that we find again in ED names ! funny eh?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information