+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison photos

Comparison photos

Here's a comparison of the standard bust and the new bust. The new bust has a smaller ribcage but the breasts are slightly bigger. In this photo you can also see the standard skintone and the pink skintone. Click on the photo for a bigger version.

Photos next to a Barbie are here :

http://www.biscuitshouse.com/Enchant...8&postcount=11

Feel free to post other comparison pics in this thread.

I like the black bars. Do you have a preference for bust or porcelain color at this point? I find the whiter has a very cool, almost grey component.

I don't like to post photos of my dolls naked. I don't treat them like real people, but for some reason I don't like to show them naked, hence the black bars!
    I don't really have a preference for either bust or color ; the white one is indeed a bit greyish, when I first got her it reminded me of Corpse Bride. It suits Chandrakala well I think. I guess it depends on the idea you have of your doll's personality. I don't think of elaborate personalities for my dolls, but I see Chandrakala as more mature, more self-assured, and Nayana as fragile and in need of protection, and the pink somehow brings this out in her. As for the bust, I have no preference really.

Helene,
    Thanks a lot for this! Very useful!!! I think my doll is going to have the smaller bust version.
    I personally like the whiter skin colour more. But I'm generally into white and kind of morbid dolls!

I love Pearl. She and Edie are my favourite girls. But I'm not sure about her face up... How do you like it?

Thankyou for posting the comparison shots Helene.
    I think I like the older torso shape just a little more but would love two dolls so that I could have one of each!

I like her faceup a lot, it's quite sad and melancholy but I like her this way, I like the soft colors (it's what I had asked for). I think it's quite versatile and she looks different from different angles and with different clothes or accessories. I wasn't sure about the half open mouth but I got used to it very quickly. The 2 other Pearls on Marina's website look quite different I think.

Yeah, I agree. I wonder why. Perhaps the skin colour matters as well??

One of the reasons I like Marina's dolls is that they each have a distinct personality unto themselves, even when it's the same doll done over and over. They're never quite the same, each is unique. I'm sure the porcelain color matters, too, but mostly it's because each face-up is hand painted.

I'd love Enchanted owners to post comparison pictures of Marina's creations with other dolls (maybe in another topic if it's more appropriate)? I'm really interested to see how tall are they next to other 40cm & 30cm dolls (vinyl, resin...), and to see if maybe they can share some clothes? TIA! ^^

twigling Guest
    On the order form there is a choice between Slender and Rubinesque for the body type; assuming most of the dolls in the Gallery are slender, does anyone have or have seen pictures of the Rubinesque body type??

ETA: This picture (belongs to biscuitbear) really makes me snigger because the critics have always complained that Bab's legs were unnaturally long.. and not only does she look short here, but Chandra (Hathar) looks very well proportioned and elegant here; although perhaps (as Marina puts it): a little idealised.
    Last edited by twigling; June 11th, 2008 at 07:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information