+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: *November/December 2010 theme: "out of place/the middle of nowhere"*

*November/December 2010 theme: "out of place/the middle of nowhere"*

The "Enchanted Photo Project" theme for this month - and now extended through all of December, too! - is:

out of place / the middle of nowhere

...If you own an ED that you're willing to take outside, "the middle of nowhere" might mean your doll in some desolate, empty, or otherwise out-of-the-way location.

...If you own an ED but would rather stay inside, "out of place" might be anywhere that you wouldn't normally find your doll -- or any other unusual space or context that you can create indoors.

...And if you don't own an ED, just ignore the "photo" part of the phrase "Enchanted Photo Project": If you draw, feel free to draw something that suits this theme; ...if you're a writerly type, a story, scene, or poem would also be welcomed here; ...and so on.

(As a bonus for the draw-ers out there: Thanks to an ianthine* forum member, there's a currently active thread where some ED owners/photographers have given permission to use their photos as a drawing reference.)

As always:
    • This is neither a competition nor a contest, so there will be no voting on submissions, nor prizes given out for them. (But of course, you can always say nice things about 'em when they arrive! )

• If you like this theme but don't have time to contribute right away, feel free to drop in and include a submission whenever you do find the time -- even if it's months from now!

• And if you don't like this theme at all? Head over to the end of the "ideas & themes" thread and propose a new one - or promote one that's already been mentioned there - for next month's project.

...And that's it. So go forth, and start putting your dolls - or just your imaginations - into some weird locations!
    Last edited by shane; November 29th, 2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: extended the time period

Wow Shane, I didn't know one could also add photos to past themes/months.....
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S · B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

...Well, then I'm glad I mentioned it!

None of the previous "Enchanted Photo Project" threads have been closed by the admins. :cool:

So if you're inspired by an older theme (or if you already have photos that would fit in them) and you want to share the results of that inspiration here...then, yes, please do add to those older threads!

P.S. - Mayple has generously updated the old threads' titles, so that it's easier to see all the previous themes on this one index page. Thanks, mayple!
    Last edited by shane; December 2nd, 2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: updated P.S.

Wow, Great minds think alike, Shane! :-D
    www.hometoyren.blogspot.com

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    Ruth, on Nov. 1st i went through the Ideas and Themes thread looking for themes and liked your idea you had mentioned over a year ago, among others, so made this post on page 12.
    people liked it and shane took on the deciding/thread-writing job. (well done by the way, shane, *cybercookie*)

What on earth?????
    I found Rafiqa in the bathroom attempting to look down the sink plughole!

and this is where she usually sits, minding her own business....

Gorgeous turquoise lace tunic top by our own lovely Anne-UK, thank you so very much!!!!! ((hugs))

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    wow turquoise looks super on her!

i love your entry, it's so cute seeing Rafiqa doing something silly ♥

I was wondering when we were going to see a "porcelain meets porcelain" photo here...and there it is, first off the mark. Thanks for starting us off, pianissimo!

Ruth & annina: I credited both of you in the "ideas & themes" thread before I started this one...but then forgot to do so here also. My bad! *returns half of the cybercookie*

I've posted pictures of fern in a porcelain teacup before, doesn't that count?

And yes, like Shane said, I will do it.... soon! (major house relocation currently in progress, trying to squeeze everything in!!!!)
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Fern is out-of-place right now anyway, show new pictures of her at the shop if she has a new setup/ I miss her face around here!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information