+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoes for Isadora

Shoes for Isadora

I've been having so many half-commenced projects and half-rejected ideas for little Isadora, but when we received Paige's beautiful necklace, Isadora started to look at me with a nuance of disapproval in her beautiful eyes (at least, so it seemed to me).
    Be it maybe the power of the telepathy-enhancing crystal Išunn and Annina gave us, I immediately understood it had to do with poor Isadora always being barefoot. Not that she mislikes it, nor do I (she has such cute tiny little toes) but in the end how can you wear such a jewel barefoot? she seemed to think.
    So I decided to finish a pair that I had started long time ago...when I fiddled with Arya's dress and hat (they are made of the same fabric).
    I'm glad I finished them relatively quickly, I'm not sure if I'm happy with them or not, anyway, I guess we just wanted to share
    They are made of baby blue cotton fabric, leather soles, metal buckle, tatted ornament, 2 lavender Svarowsky crystals and a few beads.
    What do you think?

New shoes for Isadora di amarilli, su Flickr

New shoes! di amarilli, su Flickr

New shoes for Isadora di amarilli, su Flickr

New shoes! di amarilli, su Flickr
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S · B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

I think they are really sweet.

Yes, they are sweet !!
    I love the color used !
    It's fun to see how close they are from Marina's shoes. The same shape and style, but in fabric.

An now, did you see Isadora glance ? i'm sure she's telling you
    - It's better with shoes, but now I need a dress !

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    they are beautiful, i especially love the dainty tatting details

Išunn and me would love to come play with you two and all the lovely things Isadora has made you create so far

noxy is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    I said it on flickr, but will repeat here, these are adorable! Where do you get the tiny metal buckle thinger?

Wow these are lovely! The light colors really suit her in this wig too. The pattern looks very nice and snug. I like the tight weave of the fabric; it looks very to scale.
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

Thank you jslord!

Annina, I'm sure, really sure it will happen one day ! besides, Oslo is not soo far from Sweden, and it MAY happen that I go to Oslo sometime

Allurose, thanks, I didn't think about that detail, but it's nice that it turned out like this by chance ! thanks for making me notice

Sandra, don't tell me ....I try to ignore her glances for now.....dress? she already has one ! (well not finished....and not coordinated with shoes.....ok ok....next step....).
    Yes, "funny" is the same word I thought when I saw Marina's Marie-Antoinettes (mine had been in the working for some time~it may be we had similar inspiration sources, seen the name she's given them? I got inspiration for mine by simply googling "Marie-Antoinette shoes" ~credit for this goes to Paige actually, who created the first pair I know of, going in that direction and bearing that name~ and collecting pretty anything I found), but it's no surprise if mine might be interpreted like a copy of Marina's... :rolleyes:

Well ...the straps solution is indeed inspired from her stilettos and slippers (the shoes she had produced at that moment).

My initial tatted design was different although the shape of the shoe was this (it's because I find it's one of the easiest shape to make for a newbeginner!) but I changed the tatting because I thought my original one was too pompous and large.
    But now you make me want to make it anyway, at least this one will not resemble any other pair of shoes (although what you said was very flattering, I do prefer originality).

I post here the original design of the tatted part : it's uneven because it was an experiment, and it's too large, but I'll see how to correct those problems and try my hand at a new pair with this design.

Old Design for a shoe di amarilli, su Flickr

Anyway, if I were to give my shoes a name, it'd be without any hesitation "Louise-Elisabeth" as a referance to the insanely talended and overwhelmingly patient person (my personal heroine) thanks to which we can enjoy today how Marie-Antoinette's clothes and accessories really looked like in ALL their splendour and details...and there are a LOT of them ...Mesdames et Messieurs, ą vous the official Marie-Antoinette portraitist, and her good friend, Madame Vigeé Le Brun !
    Last edited by Grevling; April 2nd, 2017 at 11:04 PM.
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S · B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

These are so precious...and also look very comfortable. Isadora must be very grateful and relaxed...it was worth the wait!
    The designes of the tatters are both beautiful ...and, since dolls don't have to go to work or trudge in the snow, I think it's quite appropriate to give them shoes and slippers with a flare that we poor humans cannot afford to flaunt in our dayly lives!

I love the name you chose for them. And also love the fact that on the forum there is always something new and interesting to learn! Thanks for the reference!

These shoes are so cute! I've been working on some shoes myself so I know how difficult they are to make. I love your hand tatting. Isadora is lucky!
    It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you get.:cool:
    http://dollutional.blogspot.com

That lovely little piece of tatting with the rose-colored beads may be too big for an ED shoe, but it would make a beautiful choker ornament or pendant.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information