+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane's doll-photo puzzle

Shane's doll-photo puzzle

After being inspired by the many contests that other forum members have held for us, I tried to think of one of my own. But instead of developing something with only one possible winner, I somehow ended up creating a little puzzle that everyone can potentially solve, and "win." ...That is, if no-one ruins it by giving away the answer here before I do! :mad:

Note: If you're not the sort of person who enjoys puzzles, don't worry: I promise to post the solution here (including the photo, of course!) in the next few days.

~ ~ ~

Here's how the puzzle will work:

In an old forum post of mine, it's possible to find a "hidden" photo of my doll. (Yes, you can see her face in it!)
    2011-03-27 Edit: The wording in the previous sentence is a bit inaccurate! :o I've corrected it here.
    And tomorrow, I'll give you four clues to help you find that photo.

...But before I start giving you those clues, I have two important requests or "rules" for this thread:
    1. Please DON'T comment in this thread about how you think I might have hidden the photo, and
    2. Once you find the photo, please DON'T post a link to it, or post about how you found it, either!
    Why not? Because if you do either of those things, you'll be giving away the answer to the puzzle – and that will spoil the fun for anyone else who's trying to figure it out for themselves!!

~ ~ ~

...So, if you can't talk about where the photo is, or how to find it, then what can you talk about here?

Well, you can curse me for not sharing the photo with you earlier, of course! Also, if you have any questions about how this is supposed to work, you're welcome to ask. (Or you can PM me instead, if you like.)

And most importantly: Once you find the photo, feel free to let everyone else know that you've found it...by posting an answer to one (and only one!) of the following questions:
    • In the photo, my doll is holding an object. What colour is that object?
    • What is the object used for?
    • (And if others have already answered those first two questions:) What, specifically, is the object?
    • Name one thing that makes the object look different than its life-size counterpart (other than its size, of course! :rolleyes.
    • In the photo, she's also wearing a shirt. What colour is it?
    • What style is the shirt?
    • Where did the shirt come from?
    • Name one design detail on the shirt that you can't see in the photo.
    • Besides that shirt (and her ring), what's something else that she's wearing?
    • What colour is it?
    • and so on.
    ...Get the idea? By posting the correct answer (not just a guess!) to one of these questions, you'll be proving that you've seen the photo, without spoiling anyone else's attempts to find it for themselves. And by answering only one of them, you'll be leaving the rest of those questions for other puzzle-solvers here to answer, once they find the photo, too!

I hope that all makes sense! Please PM me or ask below if it doesn't!

~ ~ ~

I'll post the first puzzle clue for everyone tomorrow at 10 a.m. Marina Daylight Time. :cool:
    Last edited by shane; March 28th, 2011 at 05:30 AM. Reason: see "Edit" above

Your rules made me think of... "They first rule of fight club is, never talk about fight club. The second rule of fight club is...never talk about fight club."

Okay off to look for the mystery girl.

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    aww, just when i'm going to bed! good thing there is the don't reveal puzzle rule, i'll be back!

Quote Originally Posted by PaigeViolet View Post
    Okay off to look for the mystery girl.
    Already?! :eek:

I wouldn't recommend this! ...because I'm immensely confident that you won't be able to find her until I post the first clue, at the allotted time.

I just wanted to give everyone some time to read the rules before we begin.
    Last edited by shane; March 27th, 2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: can't leave well enough alone

Clue #1

Okay, ready? Here's the first clue:

To solve the puzzle, visit this post...and remember that location is everything, so really look around!

P.S. - If you're confounded by this clue, don't worry: I'll be posting another quite soon.

Hmmmm *thinking hat on*. Thanks for the amusement

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Clue #2

Yes, that first clue was kind of tricky...so here's another:

To solve the puzzle, recognize that change is good.

P.S. - And here's a bonus tip: The post that I linked to in my first clue is the only one you'll need to use, so you can ignore all my other old posts here. (That is, if you haven't already been ignoring them all along! :eek: )
    Last edited by shane; March 27th, 2011 at 09:08 PM.

:confused:

*stumped*

am I the only one playing?!

OHOHOHOH I found a picture!!

...but I don't think it's the right one...

All I can tell from it is that she has very beautiful dark grey eyes.

But that's not on your list!! :o

*Back to looking*

I'M GETTING CLOSE!!!!

according to you

:confused:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information