+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Rough first attempt

Anna, congratulations, you must have been working like crazy ! and such a great job ! Your enthusiasm is captivating ! I admire you creatives who just jump right into things and come out with such results in almost no time! (I have lots of fears and doubts usually stopping me half-way in any creative process, making me take loooong time).
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S · B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

Grevling!!
    Thank you for your kind compliments!! I think I jump and I don't plan anything to be perfect. It means making mistakes and I cannot learn unless I make mistakes. I found it helpful to focus on the process as opposed to the end result. All creativity is fraught with time constraints and upset.

Creativity arrives in thousands of ways… I love your beautiful photographs and paintings. The moody atmospheres you create in your photos of Pearl as though one has just stepped into scene from a story are magical and tender.

I look forward to seeing more photos and indeed more painting and wish you a glorious 2012 full of everything you want.

Annina!! thank you so muchfor your kind words!! Yay verily thou rockst too! Good on you, an hour a day that is so cool!! Dancing is the business.

This morning we took a look at some possible inspiration for the disco dancing clothes and found these gems.:cool:

One of my favourite disco bands, Chic playing in Italy!
    Boogie wonderland a favourite song!
    A classic disco situation

We also found a proper disco dancing clothes shop though there seems to be a couple of other eras in there too!

Go you!!!

And a toast to your health, happiness, joy and good fortune in 2012.
    Last edited by Anna; December 27th, 2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: putting a thing in and smiley
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    thanks Anna, those links are great!! i have to say i don't do it each day, i forgot to say that, i do it 3 times a week, monday, wednesday and saturday, and it's fun. i use spotify, it's a digital music service which i'm using the free version of, there are ads so it's kind of like listening to radio, but they have very much music!
    i thought, instead of making a new years resolution, i'll start something at christmas already, maybe then i'll keep it up. so far i do because it's fun!

about your links, the first one, the band Chic i didn't know, very danceable!
    Boogie wonderland, oh yes, i know it and love it, that's another thing with 80's music, i will recognize the melody of almost everything, but often don't know what the band or the song is called.
    and of course i know the last one, awww yeah! *dance move*

the disco clothing is hilarious, i showed it to Calle and told him we should get some, he wasn't very happy about the thought of having to wear that, lol.

and a toast back to you

3 days a week is not to be sneezed at! well done you! I must look into spotify!!! I love all kinds of music but I think Disco is so fun, it makes a change from my diet of industrial electronica. (peppered with Florence at present.) This is a track I play on repeat when I write. It is also quite useful for clearing a room at a no-longer-want-to-be-here-party. hehehe Arch party clearer me!

Ah yes, in my experience, lads just won't admit to their interest in spandex! :rolleyes:.. for them it has to be the white suit with flares. *dance move*:cool:
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

I was looking for a BJD picture in this thread and didn't find one?

Here are some pictures of dolls that got made because of this thread. I was very ambivalent about showing them here as at the time I didn't want to use the forum to promote them. (And things got a bit weird for me... ) That was just the way I felt then. However they are a direct result of this thread and a direct result wanting to make things BECAUSE of Marina and her work. I am supremely proud of them and feel they deserve to have soe pictures here. I tended back then to work fast and put my all my energy into arriving at an end result. They are my first attempts and they had the honour of being RoughlyMadeDolls, House elfs, inspired by Marina.

Their clothes were made of house hold cloths and dish towels.

this is the sock finder elf

the pointing of the accusatory finger... "Who left these socks here?"

This is Rocco

And this was the stain master

Ever wonder how stains got on the carpets...?

https://youtu.be/RAIMhlNu-Eo

So this concludes this thread. These dolls were made in October 2012. I have no idea where the are now, however I intend to have another bash at making bjds with polymer clay.
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Anna, your first attempt is a good attempt!

Quote Originally Posted by Petraskova View Post
    Anna, your first attempt is a good attempt!
    you are very kind . x
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information