+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: My Hathar

While cleaning out my hard drive I found this old photo of my Hathar. I took it the day she arrived.

Merrijane: Thanks

Astera: I think perhaps I need even more insurance on her. Also went and looked at your flickr, I knew you had the Ruby but I didn't realize you'd acquired an Artificial Intelligence. Congrats, both your ED's are stunning!

Galacticat: Honestly, I have thought about selling over the years, but I think I will keep her, at least for the foreseeable future. Firstly, there are several ED's for sale right now, and I wouldn't want to compete with them, and secondly, the doll is a stunning work of art, and I'm proud to own it, aaaaand I really don't want to sell.

Dollcat: I did consider getting a resin, but when my name came up, I decided against it. I think (and please don't hate me for this) I honestly don't love the current resin Enchanted dolls. I sooooo wish we had the option to get the original white skinned closed eyed resins that Marina showed on her blog several years ago. I LOVE those! http://www.enchanteddoll.com/resin-enchanted-dolls/

Anna, I went back and re-uploaded the pictures (all that I still had anyway) that disappeared when I deleted my blog all those years ago. So my gallery thread has photos again.
    Last edited by nenethomas; August 9th, 2017 at 09:14 PM. Reason: added

Oh yes, I loved those resins!

Oh thank you for sharing! She is so beautiful, delicate and fragile! It seems such a shame that these porcelain beauties have to be kept away for their safety, but I completely understand why! I would be so scared to handle one now, I am not a clumsy person, but the sheer fear of doing damage would now give me the shakes lol!!

he he, AI was a gift I gave myself to celebrate the birth of my sweet earthquake of a girl...
    It felt reckless because at the time the prices were already rather high, but I am happy I did because today I would not be able to afford her anymore...
    Enjoy your Hathar, I wouldn't want to sell her either!

Quote Originally Posted by nenethomas View Post
    Anna, I went back and re-uploaded the pictures (all that I still had anyway) that disappeared when I deleted my blog all those years ago. So my gallery thread has photos again.
    Aah Nene! This made my day! Gosh but she is a beauty. I remember seeing those pictures so long ago. That dress is SPLENDID! How Marina does it I will never know. Such beauty and tenderness in her work. I am smitten all over again by your Hathar. Thank you SO much for adding the pictures. They filled my evening with awe.
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Hathar is such a beauty. I think she is one of my favourite ED sculpts
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Oh, thank you so much for updating the photo links, Nene! What a treat to go back and appreciate her beauty once more. She is really a stunning doll

I can relate to your fear of handling her - I've had one 'incident' with my Neia not long after she arrived. My heart literally fell out of my chest!! But thanks to Marina's kind and careful instructions, she was quickly put right. I wonder if Marina will continue to help ED owners in the future... I really hope so!!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

I will admit the older resin dolls are much more beautiful. Who knows, maybe Marina will be inspired again and start things up again one day?

Quote Originally Posted by aneemal View Post
    I can relate to your fear of handling her - I've had one 'incident' with my Neia not long after she arrived. My heart literally fell out of my chest!! But thanks to Marina's kind and careful instructions, she was quickly put right. I wonder if Marina will continue to help ED owners in the future... I really hope so!!
    Oh my, an ED 'incident'. Yep, that's my worst nightmare! Do you mind me asking what happened? And I am glad Marina was able to help you set poor Neia to rights!
    To respond to the second part of your comment, I always assumed that Marina would help/repair broken dolls. The lifetime repair service for the original doll owners, (other than the fact that EDs have tended to go up in value) is one of the main selling points in my opinion. The repair service guarantee was what finally swayed me into getting an ED. The original thought of a porcelain bjd terrified me! Porcelain/china is terribly fragile, after all and I can't tell you how many dishes I've broken in my lifetime!

Sure - In 2011, soon after I received Neia, I was playing with her quite a lot and trying different clothes that I'd collected when part of the leather lining in her shoulder started to receed into the joint. I rotated her arm to try and ease it back out (otherwise her arm wouldn't be able to move), but I rotated it too far and the spring in her shoulder popped off!!! And so while I'm holding her arm in one hand, the other arm falls off too, because the spring that runs through the chest and connects the two arms was no longer connected to the arm in my hand! :'0 I felt absolutely dreadful! Luckily none of the porcelain pieces had been damaged, only come apart. But I contacted Marina and she was really kind and provided a photographic explanation of how to safely reattach the arms. I couldn't have done it without her detailed and careful instructions. But I also had a problem in that the leather sueding in her shoulder which had started coming away from the joint had been discoloured by glue that I had used initially to try and stop it slipping. So, I took the lining out, but the replacement leather I found was a slightly different shade. And so I took the drastic decision to re-suede all the joints in both her arms, so that the leather lining would all be the same colour. I'm so relieved that it was possible to put her right again and that nothing got broken. Since then, needless to say, I don't redress her as often and I'm even considering letting her remain nude, lol!

I have to say though, I think it'd be easier to disassemble and reassemble a porcelain ED over a resin ED - I have little faith that I'd be able to restring my resin ED to the same standard that she is strung now :s

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information