+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hathar

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Oooh! Thanks for sharing! Hathar does have such a lovely face and the outfit you made looks stunning. More photos please !!

Lovely, sweet Hathar! The one you have has a truly pretty mouth...I also had the feeling that its shape is somewhat different from that of the website's Hathar, but maybe it's just the lighter color of the lips that tricks me. I agree with Amoreen that there is something decidedly Pearl-ish about her. The overall impression is of a younger more innocent version of the classical Hathar. Adorable!
    Cassira is precious too. Her fur is so shiny and velvety!

She is truly beautiful, Nene. Those lovely brown eyes are so endearing and that costume looks magnificent

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

More Hathar Photos

Took some more photos today and tried to get a decent photo of her dress. Sadly I'm not that good of a photographer, not like Marina and Nune, and several others on the forum who take breathtakingly beautiful photos of their dolls.

A portrait and flowers, lots and lots of flowers. I think I need stadium lights on the doll when I take back-lit photos, my soft-box wasn't cutting it!

And one of her sitting with her little fan I made.

The beads are all glued, NOT sewn, because this was just for me and supposed to be fun, though oddly, after working on it for weeks and weeks and weeks, somehow it wasn't very fun.......
    So I've never done a 'serious' photo shoot with a doll before, and I must say, ED are a dream to pose. I'll never buy another BJD that doesn't have double joints and isn't 'sueded' and 'sprung'. Too frustrating otherwise!

Edited to add: Because the beads are just glued, whenever I move the doll and dress I scatter a trail of beads like Hansel's and Gretel's breadcrumbs in the forest. And the cats loooooove to bat Swarovski crystals all over the house!
    Last edited by nenethomas; August 9th, 2017 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added more 'info' and fixed broken links

She's breathtaking !
    I love her costume, it has a definite "fantasy" feel.....
    I also like others have the impression she's very much like a dark-haired Pearl, because of her lips and eyebrows. I love her like this !

Oh my goodness she is beautiful - and what are you complaining about, your photographs of her are divine!!!!!
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

I have no words... I thought that it couldn't be possible to love more Enchanted Dolls. But... after seeing your pictures...:eek: Nene, Hathar is a tiny miracle and you are very lucky to be her "Mom"! She is truly beautiful and amazing. People, God bless Marina!

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Nene, thank you for posting more photos. I totally disagree with your comment about your photography skills. These are truly lovely and artistic. I love, love, the outfit and gorgeous headpiece - really amazing!

Astera: I think you are right about her looking a bit like a Pearl. She is rather different from the ED gallery Hathar. The thing is, my husband, since he is the one who ordered her all that time ago, did not request anything other than a "Hathar" and I believe he said the phrase used was 'default nude'. Steven didn't even specify a hair color!
    So the credit for my Hathar's beautiful, unique looks must be given solely to Marina.
    And thanks for the comment on Cassira--she's a terror, but luckily she can't read, so she'll never know I was typing about her behind her back!
    Annina, Eiko: thanks for the compliments on the doll and the outfit. More photos below.
    Merrijane, Amoreen, Mayple. The truth is I don't understand the finer points of photography, such as aperture, focal length, fill flash, etc, and I always use autofocus. Lighting is my bane, and one shot I had to give up on since I wanted the Hathar to be out-of-focus and the prop to be in focus, well, I just couldn't do it, and a photographer who knows what they are doing COULD.
    But, I'm glad you like the photos. My Hathar looks pretty and you can see the costume, so yay! Now I need to finish another outfit and then I can spam more photos!!!
    Last edited by nenethomas; January 16th, 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: fixed

Simply divine photos!!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful Hathar with us.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information