+ Reply to Thread

Thread: East SF Bay, California, Winter Craft Meetup - December 8th

East SF Bay, California, Winter Craft Meetup - December 8th

I'm hosting a meetup this December for dolly folks. Most people will be from DoA. Please join in if you live close enough! At the last meetup I hosted there were no ED fans; it was very sad because I wanted someone to squee at about the resins! I would love to have members from this forum there. I will have my ED book and my paper doll there if you would like to see them. We will be having a Secret Santa. We will be making doll sized ornaments and a dress that can fit EDs or any other size of doll. Info below!

Mods, I wasn't really sure where to put this... I hope news is ok? Otherwise please move it!

Click here to view this thread on DoA

TIME: Saturday, December 8th, 2:00

Rides from North Concord BART available! BARTers plan on arriving at the North Concord BART at 2:00 so I can pick everyone up at the same time. Drivers will receive a PM with the address the day before.

FEATURES:
    -Dolls! Bring your dolls! SD and Tiny size Christmas trees to put Secret Santa gifts under. We will make ornaments for the trees and decorate them together. 1:6 scale dollhouse for Tinies to play in.
    -Crafts! Infinity Dress & Doll Ornaments! Craft signup deadline is December 1st.
    -Secret Santa! Sign up for the Secret Santa! Secret Santa signup deadline is November 8th.
    -Food! We’ll be ordering pizza & splitting the cost. Volunteers please bring drinks, dessert, or fruit! Please let me know about dietary restrictions (so far we are avoiding meat, tomatoes, and nuts).
    -Doll maintenance station! Mod, fix, or blush your resin doll. Supplies provided. You may also be able to commission faceups while at the meet.
    -Swap area! Buy, sell, or trade dolls or doll related items. There will also be a Free Pile.
    -Open Dolly Event! All types of dolls, plushies, and toys are welcome.
    -Nametags: I will be making these ahead of time, so please let me know what you would like it to say (either in the thread or PM).
    -RSVP: December 1st

Secret Santa!
    I will be organizing a Secret Santa. Here are the rules (adapted from the DoA annual swap):
    -You can make or buy any kind of doll items (clothes, accessories, etc). You will be trying to follow a wish list created by your partner.
    -I will try to match people with similar size of doll but since this is a small swap there are no guarentees!
    -Items must be decent quality and make good efforts to abide by the wish list (no black clothes for dolls that request pastels!). After the meetup, recipients will be giving DoA feedback so keep that in mind.
    -Minimum price is $20. Try to send something you think would sell for that in the DoA marketplace. You may spend more but keep in mind that your partner may not.
    -The presents must be ready for the meetup on December 8th!
    -BONUS GOAL: Wrap your present in a package or packages small enough to fit under the Tiny or SD sized tree!
    Partners Assigned By: November 10th

Secret Santa Form (PM to me):
    DoA Name:
    Doll Measurements (PM me if you don’t know how to take them):
    Can you make items from measurements?
    What would you enjoy making for someone else?
    Picture(s) of your doll:
    Doll’s Name:
    Doll’s Mold, Size, Gender:
    Doll’s Likes, Dislikes, and personality:
    Wishlist:

Infinity Dress!
    This is a beginner friendly sewing project. Pattern drafting or hand sewing experience is a bonus, but it’s OK if you don’t have any! This dress has only 1 seam, it's very easy! I will lead the demonstration to make the dress in this thread. It can be made for any size, shape, or gender of doll. I will get all the supplies, including fabric and rough pattern, ahead of time. All you have to do is show up! The bigger sizes are easier, so if you are new to sewing, I recommend trying a MSD or SD size dress. If you want to bring your own fabric it MUST be super stretchy cotton jersey or spandex dance fabric. PM me if you aren’t sure your fabric will work.
    human size tutorial
    Wrapping styles

Infinity Dress Form:
    Choose size: Tiny, MSD, or SD
    Doll Body Brand/Type:
    Color preference:
    Can you bring your own sharp scissors, pencil, sewing pins, needle and thread in color of your choice (it’s OK if you can’t):
    Cost: TBD, probably about $4-8 depending on doll size

Doll Size Holiday Ornaments!
    This is a beginner friendly “jewelry” project. Wire wrapping or beading experience is a bonus, but it’s OK if you don’t have any! I’ll be demonstrating making simple little holiday ornaments out of beads and wire. Then we will decorate the trees! You may be able to use them as doll earrings afterward. Pics of example ornaments coming soon.
    Signup Deadline: December 1st

Ornaments Form:
    Choose size: Tiny or Large
    Color preference (doesn’t have to be red & green!) :
    Number desired (1-5):
    Can you bring your own round nose pliers, chain nose pliers, or wire side cutters (it’s ok if you can’t):
    Cost: TBD, probably about $4
    Last edited by allurose; October 24th, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

Oh, I see there is a new section for meet ups! Yay, thank you magical mods! Unfortunately I think there are not many forum members near me. I hope someday the ED community gets big enough that meet ups can happen more often.
    Follow me on Flickr!

Hi allurose!

I figured now might be a good time to create a subforum for posts like yours - as there may be more opportunities for meet-ups in the future since many more EDs are about to be released into the world (fingers crossed)

That would be nice, anyhow! I'd love to meet with other fans someday and see their dolls... I'm sure loads of people would love to attend your event - but it's just a case of geography! But there's still plenty of time for people to see this and respond, so you never know!

Wishing you a successful meet. Sounds like it'll be great fun

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Good luck with your meet up! I actually live close to you, in the East Bay. Wow, I'm not the only one in these parts! I wish I could have signed up and attended earlier, but I have a conflict with that date. I hope you can let us know how it turns out though.

Wow, it's so cool that you are close! It's too bad you can't make this meetup though. I'm planning on holding more, so I'll make sure to post them here or PM you so you will know about them! I think the next one will be in the spring, with a doll makeover theme (people can do faceups, manicures, blushing, etc on their resin dolls). It would be so fun to have another ED fan there!
    Follow me on Flickr!

Just wanted to say the meetup went really well! If you want to see pictures, you can check out my flickr or the DoA photo thread.

The next meetup is in the spring, I hope to see some of you there!
    Follow me on Flickr!

Looks like a lovely doll meet ^___^
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Lovely photos, allurose! Thanks for sharing!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information