+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please Read: Discussion in Sales Threads

Please Read: Discussion in Sales Threads

Dear Forumites,

Sales threads, ideally, shouldn't be used for discussion of wider issues - which can, instead, be directed to the appropriate 'Chat' thread.

For two reasons:
    1) Continuity of the discussion is preserved and it is easier to navigate and search for information. Many posts are making relevant and interesting points, so it would be a shame if they were 'lost' once the sales thread is obsolete.
    2) People subscribed to the sales threads will receive surplus email notifications each time a thread is 'updated'.

Singular comments, including questions and or confirmation of communication, i.e. 'I've sent you a pm' are okay. Anything else can be done privately, or on the seller's profile page.

Also, one last note... Please refrain from being judgemental. Often it seems that sellers have to come back to their own threads to defend themselves and their reasons for selling - which shouldn't be necessary and is unfair and, I imagine, unpleasant for them. It's one thing to be skeptical about pricing, but quite another to question someone's motives or integrity.

Thank you for your co-operation. You are all super! :o

Admin Team

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Dear all,

A friendly reminder - please refrain from chatting in Sales threads, as these type of posts will be deleted. If you want to compliment someone on their work, please feel free to send them a pm, or alternatively if the seller would like feedback they are also welcome to open a thread for their work in the Gallery section etc.

The reason for this is to reduce the number of unnecessary email notifications that go out each time a thread is 'updated'.

Thanks for your cooperation

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    Oops! Just saw this. So sorry for the post on "shoes". Please feel free to delete it. :o(

eeeee no deleting

Oh yes, I am guilty of this.

It can be difficult to refrain- especially if you want to call attention to the post

No problemo will do
    Being a frequent seller, do I post a second thread so we can chat about it sometimes?

Thanks all!

Dina, yes you could continue posting photos and discussion in the Workshop section, or use the Gallery section to show off finished pieces.

Dear all, in such a quiet forum, it seems ironic that I'm having to delete so many posts because they do not adhere to the (simple and few) forum rules.

Please, please do not use the marketplace threads for discussion of any kind. All discussion will be removed without warning.

May I also take this opportunity to remind forum members to be civil towards one another and to treat each other with respect. We are not here to bully or be bullied.

If necessary, people will receive warnings if the rules continue to be ignored.

Thank you for your cooperation.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information