+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: EDDA - for suspicious sales & auctions!

Wow, this is the best little detective crew ever! It is contemptible for anyone to do a fraudulent sale like that. I know it goes on all the time, but it's still appalling.

It is a testament of our admiration and concern for Marina's art and her own business intergrity. Our respect for her drives us to protect her artistic endeavors from people without any sense of morals or values...evil people out to make a quick dollar at both her and the public's expense. It is just despiccable what people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Syaron View Post
    It is a testament of our admiration and concern for Marina's art and her own business intergrity. Our respect for her drives us to protect her artistic endeavors from people without any sense of morals or values...evil people out to make a quick dollar at both her and the public's expense. It is just despiccable what people do.
    I totally agree with this. It's directly related to our respect for Marina and for artists in general. Also, I think almost always the people that bid on these auctions are folks that have never found their way to this wonderful forum. I feel protective over them too, like they are lost little sheep. :P Does that make sense?
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by allurose View Post
    I totally agree with this. It's directly related to our respect for Marina and for artists in general. Also, I think almost always the people that bid on these auctions are folks that have never found their way to this wonderful forum. I feel protective over them too, like they are lost little sheep. :P Does that make sense?
    Absolutely! I just checked ebay again to see if the listing was still up and it is. I feel so very sad for the trusting person who thinks he/she is winning this beautiful doll and deep sadness for the horrible sense of betrayal and downright theft that is going to befall them. But there is no way to help the poor bidders. Very sad. : (

Hopefully it will get taken down soon. Also, I think even if the sale did go through, if the buyer never got their item they can file a claim with ebay or paypal to get their money back. I doubt it will come to that though.
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

The same seller has now added another auction for another type of doll. Out of curiousity, I looked up this other doll and it has previous sold on ebay for more than $7k. More proof that both auctions are fake is that this second listing is an exact copy of the text used in a previous auction: Original listing | Qolender's listing... probably we should report the second doll too?!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Good idea Amal! No matter the doll, it is always terrible to see people being ripped off!

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    Well I think the people at ebay are no dummies and they most likely will not release the money to the seller until the buyer has received the doll and says everything is okay. I know someone who just started selling on ebay and they were not able to get their money from paypal until the buyer received their item in good order. This is a suspicious listing mind you, since they say the doll is going to come with her crown and I have it. But then again, there are other snowflake crowns out there. They also talk about it being "the sapphire mold", at first I thought they were selling the mold! I was thinking, well that's not right! Maybe they will send a sapphire mold, lol.

I sent email to seller. But no answer.

Anyone who emailed got an answer?

eBay can really suck, they allow a known scam artist stay on ebay despite having at least 3 known scams. eBay will do anything to get fees. This particular one sends a package around your neighborhood give the wrong house number and name so they can show its delivered and eBay would side with the seller if it shows its delivered. This person can do the same thing. So it's best if the auctions are taken off. The scam artists are getting fancier and knows the ins and out of eBay.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information