+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about doll shows!

Questions about doll shows!

Hello all you fab ppl!

I have some questions for those of you who have been at any doll show with Marina or knows how it works:

1: Does she always have dolls for sale?
    2: Are all of them for sale?
    3: Do you have to reserve a doll beforehand or can you buy one on the spot?
    4: How are the chances of getting a hold on one? Assuming there are a lot of people wanting to buy..

I'm considering taking the trip to the next doll show in Berlin this May, but not if there is no way I can get a hold on a doll there. If I could see them but not buy one I would die..!!
    I really appreciate your answers.

You're best to contact the Gallery themselves - as they will be dealing with sales, not Marina. In the past her shows have all been different - some shows had no dolls for sale, some had all for sale, some had dolls for sale as well as "traveling dolls" that were not for sale.
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Also, I think it's just the one doll of Marina's that will be exhibited in Berlin - the one she's talked about on her blog.

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

I was on the Strychin gallery website the other day in Berlin and it still lists Marina's blonde Rubenesque dolls as being for sale. I don't know if this is accurate or not but you could contact them and check

The Step Mother Sapphire doll is still available I believe. You can email them about it.

Is it strychnin gallery in Berlin when you think the Sapphire is for sale?

It may be back with marina, otherwise it would be in the same show as cixi...well that's my assumption. Cuz I saw she didn't sell at the opening

I can only speak for the Fragility show in 2010 but in that particular show, the answers were :

1: Does she always have dolls for sale? She had 14 dolls for sale.
    2: Are all of them for sale? I think only 1 (Cathedral) wasn't for sale, the others were.
    3: Do you have to reserve a doll beforehand or can you buy one on the spot? Strychnin Gallery sent out a preview mail with the dolls and their prices. If I remember correctly, you could email back which dolls you wanted to buy and they'd confirm whether or not you were the first one who wanted it. Think it was a 'first come, first serve' type of thing.
    4: How are the chances of getting a hold on one? During the Fragility show, there were still a few dolls left to buy during the show. I think all were eventually sold.

But yeah, as others have said, when there is a show, you should contact the gallery and find out how they take orders.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Thank you all for your answers!
    I sent an e-mail to the gallery, but I got no answer yet.. I hope she has a doll for me!!!

Have all 5 special Echo sold? Maybe not and if you are interested, you can ask Marina. She probably still have a couple costumed porcelain EDs available.
    Something about Fiori&Lavanya...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/misslk/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information