+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'Someday' doll...

The 'Someday' doll...

Hello friends!

Okay, so I did already start a thread for this doll... But that was some three years ago!

When I look back through that old thread, all I can see is how much toing and froing I did while making and remaking parts over and over again. I feel like the doll I am working on today may as well be a completely different doll, so I hope you'll allow me to indulge in a new thread for her

Today was the first time I've strung her complete with all her parts and I had some fun playing and posing her. I took some photos to share...

I'm now going to focus on sanding and priming her, ready for moulding and casting. I would like to cast her in porcelain 'someday', but I hope to start with resin because I've had a little experience in that before.

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll enjoy the photos. Feel free to comment and critique!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

How very posable she is. She seems to have an extra lower abdomen joint which looks interesting

I am in awe of all you talented doll makers, the most I have ever made is a small sheep out of paperclay that is completely rigid. and that was a challenge enough

Well done, look forward to more progress

Carolyn

She is amazing and about 100 steps closer to completion than mine (which is largely just in my head). Can I ask what instructions you have used and find most helpful for creating your doll/s?

Oh I love her little face!!

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Great work Amal! She looks lovely sitting in your hand.

She is brilliant! How is it possible to give something that many joints and still make them look fluid and natural! But as fabulous as her little body is, I think her face is my favorite part Well done. I hope you show us how she looks in resin. And I know most of these doll making projects are personal, but you should consider selling her in resin. I know I would like one.

Your some day doll is just beautiful! She is perfect.

She's a beautiful sculpt!

Fantastic! and she poses beautifully! You must go on with this project!

Wow!! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read such positive and encouraging comments!
    Thank you so much everyone!

ceejay, yes indeed, she has a joint in her waist. It helps her to sit upright. At some point, I'm hoping to make a little video showing the joints in action.

DJWard, that's a good question! Mmm, there are many many online resources that have been invaluable. I would recommend the forum The Joint which is specifically a ball-jointed doll-making community. Also, more recently, Artist Allison Mecleary started a website documenting how she made a porcelain ball-jointed doll: Woodland Earth Studios.

Ella, it would be so great to sell some resin casts - as I hope to be able to purchase a small kiln one day. I'm not certain yet, but I've been hoping that I can have her professionally cast at some point. But, it may be that I have to cast at home to begin with.

Oh, one more thing... I don't want to get ahead of myself... But,... if anyone here is also a Facebooker and would like to follow my progress over there, I have created a page for my dolls. Click the little button below! Your support would be very much appreciated!

Hopefully more updates to follow here as well, shortly...
    Thank you again!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information