+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The 'Someday' doll...

Amal, your killing me!! I'm being very good and patient,then you post more pictures!! So I'm going to have to... Well I don't know what im going to do!! They are gorgeous though

She is just a wonderful dream come true, what a beautiful outcome for so much hard work!! They are absolutely lovely.

Okay.

I have just finished reading this entire thread.

I have to confess - when I first saw Ruse I wasn't won over. I'm very particular about faces. There is this trend going around for women's faces to have this perpetually frowny look, with especially bruised-looking lips. When I say "around" I guess I mean "around in artistic and modeling circles." I could go on and on about how much I dislike this look, but I don't want to go too far off tangent. (This is just a reminder to myself to come back to this topic later.)

After, well, okay -- midway through reading this thread I realized a few things:

1) This is a BJD I can actually afford
    2) I am very keen on supporting artists and their work!
    3) I.... well I think her face will grow on me!
    4) Seeing the amount of love, blood, sweat, and tears poured into this tiny doll, and how much love she has engendered here made me want to get one. Is that weird? Am I just jumping on some kind of bandwagon? Probably.....
    5) With a payment plan, I can definitely fit a Ruse into my budget. Yes, I should be saving up for an ED one day (assuming I ever have a crapton of money I don't need for something else; ha, ha, ha!)

All of this is to say that as soon as I can get the website to cooperate I will be placing an order for a Ruse of my own. I'm really excited. Man I hope this newfound love of dolls I have sticks.....

Aneemal, you are to be congratulated. Thank you for your hard work and for sharing your passion with us. It's inspiring in so many ways, not just those that involve spending money. Hugs!

Arcane_love,I felt the same when I saw little Ruse,she drew me to her but I couldn't say why,then the more I saw of her,well....I placed my order this time around,I think,she's going to be one of those dolls that appeals the more you see and handle her. I can't wait for her to come home

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Arcane_love,I felt the same when I saw little Ruse,she drew me to her but I couldn't say why,then the more I saw of her,well....I placed my order this time around,I think,she's going to be one of those dolls that appeals the more you see and handle her. I can't wait for her to come home
    Oh how wonderful, Beau! I ordered Ruse in Pale. Which color did you order?
    I do confess, the more I look at her, the more I fall in love with her... for who and what she is, not for who and what I would have her be. Does that make sense?? :P

Arcane_love, I ordered her in the pale too. I did have a moment when it was between the pale and dark tan though. Yes! That does make sense,she gets under your skin, and I suspect, into your heart. We are going to have to be patient now aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by aneemal View Post
    The girls say hello!

wave by aneemal, on Flickr
    My Goodness! What a sweeties are they! Alive dear girls ♥ They just glow with love that you put into them, Amal!

aneemal,

You may remember I /almost/ owned one of your little Ruses! But financial constraints held me back. Thank you for being so understanding.
    I wanted to say that I met a person at a BJD meet who brought her Ruse. I was so astonished and amazed by her! She's really beautiful!
    Congratulations on such excellent, delicate work.

Gah, I was writing a reply and my laptop just died!! :'(((

Yes, of course I remember and I'm happy to see you back on the forum!

How was the meet? Was it your first one?! I remember reading on your blog that you were in two minds about going to a meet... I hope it was fun! I'm so happy to read that you saw one of my dolls and that you liked her in person too!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

I did wind up going to a few doll meets since I first started posting here. They've all been really nice. I think it was last July I saw your Ruse. I'll have to reach out to her owner and see how she's coming along!
    Glad to be back. Don't know how long I'll be here for, but it's nice to soak up all of the lovely vibes from the beautiful people and dolls!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information