+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about the Resin Dolls

Questions about the Resin Dolls

I have a few questions about the Resin doll that I'm not sure if it is posted here yet.
    1. Can you wet the resin doll?
    2. What size hair wig fits?
    3. Do the normal Enchanted Doll shoes fit the Resin dolls?

a curious mind would like to know.

Regarding the shoes and the resin dolls.

I have two of Marina's silver shoes - the Stiletto's and the Moroccan Slippers. Both ARE a little big, BUT...

The Moroccan Slippers fit fine with a thin pair of tights and once buckled up.
    The Stilletto's are TOO big even with a pair of thin tights. Even when the buckle is closed I can slip her foot in and out of the shoes.

To get around this I made a thick pair of "socks" and have some other tights made of thicker fabrics to fill out the excess space so the shoes don't wiggle off by accident.

Also, keep in mind, I would highly suggest using SOME SORT of socks/tights/foot protection as I remember the first time BiscuitBear tried a pair of Marina's shoes on her resin doll she reported that unfortunately the silver stained the resin and she was not able to remove the stain. It will only take a one-off accident where some of the tarnish (when silver blackens with age, or if it is chemically forced to blacken - as some of Marina's silver accessories are) stains the resin for good.

Here are some photographs:

Regarding the Wigs and Resin Enchanted Dolls

Now I believe the two head-sculpts are slightly different. With the Asian head being slightly bigger. We know this was the case with the procelain dolls too, some sculpts would take a bigger wig.

My wigs for my porcelain "edie/cinderella/hathar/pearl" sculpt DO FIT my resin Ssian-sculpt RED. I do not know if they will be too big for a European scult RED, or if the wigs I am making my Asian RED will or will not fit any of the Porcelain dolls. I believe this is a size 4.5 wig size.
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

I know Marina or Chad could answer this but I don't want to bother them as they are likely very busy catching up. I have ordered dolls with Marina's faceups and I am wondering if that includes the body joint blushing. I am assuming it does for a couple of reasons

a) firstly, the price difference between blank and custom
    b) secondly, I have seen some resins that appear painted like porcelain around the joints yet I believe they are resins

Is this correct?

Yes, ordering a doll painted by Marina includes subtle body blushing, painted nipples and groin, and a full pedicure/manicure with fingers and toes paid particular attention to.
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Thanks Mayple, that is what I thought. I will continue enjoying everyone's photos while I wait.

mayple, one little trick I've used on resins that have too large a shoe is to line the shoe (or wrap the foot) with UHU Sticky tack, which is a white putty that does not harm the resin. It also acts as a barrier to protect the exposed "skin" or resin from anything that would stain it, and will allow large shoes to stay on the foot. This putty can be removed without marring the resin at all and it's really very handy stuff. Another option is a silicone ear plug which you can purchase in pharmacies. I find them messier to clean up than the sticky tack but it is still a useful item and great for setting eyes. Uhu Sticky Tack can be purchased at art supply stores.

Quote Originally Posted by CarmenKE View Post
    I have a few questions about the Resin doll that I'm not sure if it is posted here yet.
    1. Can you wet the resin doll?
    2. What size hair wig fits?
    3. Do the normal Enchanted Doll shoes fit the Resin dolls?

a curious mind would like to know.

Resin dolls can get wet but I would generally try to avoid it, particularly where they have been painted or have metal connections which could potentially rust. A few drops won't hurt but the area where they've been painted is particularly delicate. It's a good idea to wash your hands prior to handling the dolls to keep your body oils from creating dirt on the doll. Some people will only handle them with white cotton gloves but I only do that with customers' dolls while I'm painting them. To me, you have to enjoy them and the gloves are a bit much, but you can extend their life and painting by gentle handling.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information