+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroksana is attempting to make a doll :)

Aeroksana is attempting to make a doll :)

My dear ED friends!
    Allow me to share my joy with you - I'm in the process of doing a doll! Sculpt it is such a pleasure!

Now I will tell you backstory and pictures of the actual process due to lack of time I will show tomorrow, okay? (And please, forgive me my usual verbosity, heh )

For a year and even more I did not allow myself to do that. I thought - how can I get something out of this? After all, I have no art education, no experience! Yes, as a child I drew something, something sculpted ... But now, to me, an adult, if I do something, it has to be something worthy. And how can turn out something decent, if there is no education and experience? The vicious circle.

When, a year ago, I excitedly told to my loved ones how much I am inspired by Marina and her creativity, her highest criteria of quality, her amazing working capacity - I was asked, and what, you're also going to make dolls? And I answered, No! It even somehow ashamed... There can be no question! I'm going to embroider, I'll be doing a lot of things that were born in my heart, but do not make dolls!

And so I decided to first get the basics of art education. I went on a two-day training seminar. I bought a a textbook on drawing for art students, and paper, and pencils, eraser, and a ductile gum that when you erase does not rub the paper, but absorb pigment.

And I was trying to draw, and I really like it.

I am learning to draw by Aeroksana, on Flickr

But as soon as I picked up this ductile eraser - happened something unexpected! For a few minutes my hands made this -

Calling hand... by Aeroksana, on Flickr

My rational mind does not even have time to react! It surprised me very much. I showed a picture of my blue hand, to a wonderful doll artist (via Internet), and she endorsed my attempt. Told me that I have the makings. ;D

Oh, how serious barriers those stupid frameworks, complexes and stereotypes - like a bud blinders! The understanding of this is really sad. However, this understanding is like a bitter cure remedy. And now I am healed with big amount of joy and pleasure of creating without the flimsy borders!

Thank you all wonderful ED people here from whom I take the example of courage!
    Marina is too high, so I look up to you!

Dear Aeroksana, your blue hand is wonderful and I'm sure your doll will be beautiful as well. I have learned in life that you can do anything if you REALLY want to do it. All you have to do is to have the courage to begin and the stamina to persevere through obstacles and setbacks. We are often our worst enemy in these things. You WILL create a beautiful doll because you have a beautiful doll for inspiration and your heart and mind are fully engaged.... Marina is the Mozart of dollmakers for sure and she sets a high standard but remember, Salieri, Mozart's contemporary and admirer created beautiful music as well. Different strokes for different folks...Everybody has potential....
    If you don't like the fortune in your fortune cookie, just open another!!!!!!

You are really great! The drawing as well and the hand. I am eager to see more!

Wow Aeroksana!! That's fantastic, so expressive,can't wait to see more

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    amazing, Aeroksana, i'm so glad your heart made you start and you stopped listening to only the mind when it was chattering, sometimes those minds just chatter.
    the hand is amazing and i'm very happy that you are starting. thank you for the story, very inspirational!

Aeroksana, I love reading your posts! Such a genuine and humble soul you are! But look what you have made without even realising what you were doing! - This hand is fantastic! I am looking forward so much to see your doll emerge and I have a lot of faith that she'll be wonderful because you are so passionate! Like Bluemoonstars says, it only takes passion and perseverance (and a little practice, maybe too!)... The three Ps!
    Show us more!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Isn't the Winston Churchill saying "never never give up" you are doing a wonderful job, thanks for showing us all.

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Aeroksana, you do have such a wonderful soul! I'm thrilled for you that you have unearthed this hidden talent! Your little blue hand is fabulous and all the more amazing because it was made without even thinking about it!

Oh, and thank you so much for sharing Flickr photos of the Saint-Petersburg doll exhibition. I thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of almost being there myself!

What you're showing us is two examples of an emerging talent! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Many artists are self-taught. If creating dolls is something you want badly, do it! I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes; June 11th, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

My lovely dear friends, THANK YOU ALL for your warm and kindness!

You make me feel happy, like this -

Bluemoonstars what a gem of wisdom are sparkling in your words!

Nada thank you for your support!

Beau now I'm not afraid to show my things, you're such a gracious judge!

Annina sweetheart, thank you! I confess to you, ever since I saw this, I was forever changed! You're such a discovery for me!

Aneemal your sweet words make me blush, I very-very much appreciate your liking to my emotional and wordiness posts!

DJWard I am a little scared, because I do not see the end of my new path, but I have great hope for a happy ending!

Merrijane thank you for your pleasing and too generous words, I am very glad that suddenly found myself the owner of something what fascinate me in the others!

GuyFawkes thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement!

And now finally I'm excited to show to you photos of my first.
    I ask you to feel free to comment and especially welcome constructive criticism and suggests as well. :-)
    Last edited by Aeroksana; June 11th, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information