+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroksana is attempting to make a doll :)

Wow, what a great start! I'm so glad you are following a plan - it really helps. His torso looks wonderful. You are using photos for anatomy reference, right? I struggle with anatomy, but at least many bjds are stylised and so we are allowed some leniency! But, your sculpting looks very convincing and accomplished. Keep going!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by tencats View Post
    That hand says it all, you have sculpting skills! I love kneaded erasers, they are great stress-relief too. I can't wait to see your progress.
    Tencats, thank you, dear! I have one more eraser, but I'm scared to take it into my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Aeroksana that torso is amazing, I almost expect to see it breathing!! You made me laugh though when you were saying about the different skulls,I also love the drawings,are you self taught?
    Beau, your words that you like the torso makes me happy! Yay, breathing! , I have not even self taught, now in the process of learning.

Quote Originally Posted by aneemal View Post
    Wow, what a great start! I'm so glad you are following a plan - it really helps. His torso looks wonderful. You are using photos for anatomy reference, right? I struggle with anatomy, but at least many bjds are stylised and so we are allowed some leniency! But, your sculpting looks very convincing and accomplished. Keep going!
    Dear Aneemal, I appreciate your words of encouragement! I use a textbook on plastic anatomy for artists, and watch pictures on the Internet. If my brothers would be living with me, I would have used them as models, they have great figures. Recently, I found an excellent group on Facebook are about anatomy for sculptors, there is a lot of very useful information. And I also think sometimes that can be a stylization indulgence, in a pinch!

Well if you in the process of just learning your craft,goodness knows what it will be like in the future!! Keep us posted please

Found in the Internet a handsome man model, his name is David Gandy. I make torso looking at him mostly, more than a picture in a textbook. My beloved husband had already started to be jealous, hehe!

David Gandy is my model ;-) by Aeroksana, on Flickr

neck and shoulders by Aeroksana, on Flickr

And I have a problem :-( Too thick a layer of plastic all over the torso! From 1 to 2.5 cm. Is it possible to bake? I read in the tutorial that the maximum normal thickness is 5-6 mm. I would be very sorry to redo this torso again, although my husband tells me that the second time will be much faster.
    Last edited by Aeroksana; July 15th, 2013 at 09:30 PM.

Can you make a mold of it went it isnt hardened? it is beautiful. What is the material? if it is polymer clay over foil- yes you can still bake it.

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    I usually do 15 minutes per 1/4 inch thickness, (sorry I only know inches). A lot of people don't realize you can add and bake again as much as you want, at least with polymer clay, anyway. Though some polymers tend to darken when put in the oven many times, it doesn't seem to hurt them.
    Last edited by lilithskyblu; July 15th, 2013 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Can you make a mold of it went it isnt hardened? it is beautiful. What is the material? if it is polymer clay over foil- yes you can still bake it.
    Thanx for your attention, Fitz! I use the mixed SuperSculpey and Sonet, it is hard to mix them, I will use only SuperSculpey for next stages. I do not know is it have sense to mold it now, and do not know how.

Quote Originally Posted by lilithskyblu View Post
    I usually do 15 minutes per 1/4 inch thickness, (sorry I only know inches). A lot of people don't realize you can add and bake again as much as you want, at least with polymer clay, anyway. Though some polymers tend to darken when put in the oven many times, it doesn't seem to hurt them.
    lilithskyblu dear, check me - 0,25 inch is 0,635 cm, should I take for 2,5 см = 25 mm÷6.35 mm = 3.93 times per 15 min, 15 min × 4= 1 hour for baking, right? Is it will be pre-baking, or final total baking? And the main qwestion-what temperature? Darkening is not frightening for me sinse my torso already picked up a lot of dust and pencil markings, I unknowingly at first kept the work lies directly on the drawing and without coating, it has led to a bad appearance of drawing and torso.

So nice to see the wonderful talents of some of the girls on this Forum! Wish I had, just abit of that talent, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Petraskova View Post
    So nice to see the wonderful talents of some of the girls on this Forum! Wish I had, just abit of that talent, too!
    Petraskova thank you for your words about talent, and maybe, if you are good thou shalt seek, you will find deeply hidden talent within you? ;-)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information