+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freebies for the asking

Freebies for the asking

I have many pounds of colored mohair locks that I share with anyone who asks. I will give you enough for several wigs in different colors. Most of what I have is what I call fantasy colors because I used to make many fairy dolls and wigs for them. The colors are pinks, blues, greens,lavenders, gold and natural white, these are shorn locks not mohair with skin attached. It is free to all who ask. If you are outside the US I will send what I can before it gets to be too expensive. I have a bag of very very natural washed mohair that is only good for spinning or making dreadlocks too.

I also have some beautiful silk tussah in golden blond and mohair roving in black in brown. Drop me a PM iwith your address and what you'd like to have. I will try to accomodate everyone as long as the supplies last.

Syaron
    Last edited by Syaron; October 15th, 2013 at 12:01 AM.

I have a few requests so far and will try to get it all in the mail by the weekend. I am glad the mohair will be of use to someone. It was specially dyed to my request and is from a really lovely rancher in the American southwest. She raised mohair goats and mohair rabbits of all things. The rabbit fur and the locks were shorn from the animals which were pets. I have had some of this for many years packed away and sealed. Here are some color photos I took of some of the colors. The white one that is hard to read is supposed to be KID Locks or baby goat mohair. Soft baby curls. There are other colors too that I have not photographed. Just no time. LOL
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Syaron; October 15th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

Mohair Update! I have the first batch of requests bundled and ready to mail tomorrow. Florida, West Virginia, Australia, London, and Denmark! I have tried to meet your requests and thrown in a few extras. Happy wig making!
    Syaron

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Wow, have mohair...will travel! Thanks so much Syaron, you are a gem!

Thank you so much! Look forward to receive it! :-)

[QUOTE=merrijane;54980]Wow, have mohair...will travel! Thanks so much Syaron, you are a gem! [/QUOTE

Tales of The Traveling Mohair! Maybe a book lol!

Wig making tips I found. I have used some very similar methods. Here is one for mohair locks.

http://www.dolls-n-daggers.com/Dolls...p?topic=2358.0

You do the same with roving except roving is long combed straight fibers. Grasp the roving in one hand and pull fibers out in one smooth move. You can continue to smoothly pull out the fibers until you have the thickness you need or lay them down and pull another bit out to make a section of hair. Mohair is like human hair and has a direction due to the cuticle. Handle it like human hair to make it as smooth as possible. Small dolly combs help with this process. I f anyone needs help just let me know.

WOW! looking at the Facebook pages of the November doll in the process of having her wig made...The silk being used is silk tussah I am pretty sure. So some of you that asked for silk will be getting enough tussah (and I think it is about the same color) to make wigs in a lovely honey blonde.
    Last edited by Syaron; October 17th, 2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: fixed spelling of hair

Syaron, Thank you so very much!!! What a generous and sweet offer that was to share so freely of your supplies. Seriously, thank you

Syaron was super sweet and I have already made two wigs from her lovely mohair gifts, would you like to see??

The first is a loooong blue "manga" style wig.

Look how fun it is to style in "buns" :-)

This is one is my favourite....I am obsessed with peppermint in general, and love green hair. I have always thought ED would really suit "fantasy" coloured hair, I think I was right, hehe
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    Monika, she looks amazing in that Peppermint wig, omg, like it was meant to be! ♥

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information