+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A Crown for Evangeline-WIP!

A Crown for Evangeline-WIP!

I have always adored Marina's Pink crown and after being inspired by her and skulptress9's version, I thought I would have a go at it myself. Good therapy for losing a beloved cat. I have never beaded but have needlepointed in the past. How much harder can this be, I foolishly thought? Turns out it is quite a bit harder but at least it is begun. Evangeline and her ED friends are anxiously awaiting the result and my Thanksgiving dinner preparations have stalled a bit because of the work on the crown. I started the face frame like Marina's but it quickly took on a life of its own and is now leading me instead of the other way around! I'm anxious as to how it will turn out but so far so good!

WIP by Bluemoonstars, on Flickr
    If you don't like the fortune in your fortune cookie, just open another!!!!!!

Oh, it's beautiful!! Lovely, lovely beadwork...gorgeous colors, too. I hope that making it brings you comfort with the loss of your beloved cat.

really nice! I wonder if you would take commission work later XD

It is really, really beautiful and a little addictive isn't it???

WOW, it looks gorgeous!
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    Wow it's beautiful! I love how you did that using the material! I want to try that too!

Super-talented people on this forum - and with such patience! This is gorgeous! Such lavish colours! Yum!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Gorgeous work. Can't wait to see it finished. I had thought of doing one as well after seeing Skulptress's crown (she is a friend so have seen it in person) but like so much else I never did. I have a question. Did you buy the beads separately and are they the Swarovski crystals or glass beads in bulk. The Swarovski are so expensive.

Oh my goodness !!!

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words....Shashy, the stones are mostly CZs with some Swarovski elements and some freshwater pearls thrown in. And, of course, there are the seed beads....No more beading, though, for today as my children are due in for Thanksgiving in about two hours and I must go back to the kitchen and rattle those pots and pans...But you are absolutely right, skulptress, beading is very addictive!
    If you don't like the fortune in your fortune cookie, just open another!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information