+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marina on TV

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled

Marina on TV

Here is a link to a little sneak peek of Marina starring on "I am an Expert" Season 2, episode 25.....I would really love to see the whole episode! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnb3nvqBt3k

Where did you find this Marrijane? However you found it, THANK GOD you did^^ That was awesome, and such a tease!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing. I love to hear Marina talk about her work^^
    ~Anthony

It's exciting to see all her work like that!

However silver is considered semi-precious. Bronze is not considered precious but it is a more expensive metal than pewter. There's more strength in brass, bronze, copper compared to costume jewelry metals. Actually in the Victorian era even in the 1900s silver was considered a costume jewelry caliber. Precious metals are: gold, platinum, rhodium, ruthenium, palladium. Though rhodium is only used as a plating metal because of its brittle properties.

Is pearl considered a stone? I figured it comes from a living bein, literally clam spit that hardened over time. Maybe if it has crystal properties it could be considered so. After all humans produce kidney stones lol
    Last edited by Sailor_Orbit; December 7th, 2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: ?

Boo, I can't get the video to work
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

I really enjoyed watching that but wanted to see more. So interesting. The scorpion was a little freaky but still kind of pretty. I hate bugs. I wanted to grab everything and run. Run far and fast. She really is talented. Nice to see an artist be able to support themselves on their art. Doesn't happen often. Let's hope she will be able to do that for years to come.

I think, we were all waiting for this! So cool, to be able to finally hear Marina, speak about her dolls. Feels like, being right there, live!

After that, I just want to see/know more...she's just amazing!!!

Wow, this will be a very interesting episode. I actually haven't seen some of those headpieces, I guess she hasn't shown us the scorpion one and the one with faces, right?..~

Yes, it was a very inspiring episode. Pity that it's so short. I would love to see more of her. Pls more more and more

Arg, what a tease! It took me a few days to finally work (kept opening the video on different computers till one finally played the clip) It was great to see - I actually really like the doll she puts the scorpion helmet on, she has intriguing features! I think the scorpion helmet would suit a "desert" themed doll very nicely.

Sailor Orbit - I think here Marina is just using "precious" to refer to the fact she's not using costume jewellery materials, cheap metal or plastic imitation stone's. If this is going onto TV then most people won't be concerned about their chemical classification, they'll simply be surprised to hear those dolls are wearing incredibly elaborate headpieces made out of bronze/silver/gold.

You can see at one point she actually says "I think the reason I use real stones and real metals and real, um, precious objects....." The focus is precious - precious stones, metals, clam-spit, fabric... etc...

When I worked for Victoria Buckley Jewellery we were asked to make a conscious effort to refer to the "stones" as "gems", and differentiate the two types of pearls (freshwater or saltwater) when speaking with customers. Bust most books on gemstones will include Pearl as it's commonly used in Jewellery, some even include Coral, and that's technically a 'skeleton' :-( It's also the "birthstone" for June.
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information