+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help needed with pattern!

Help needed with pattern!

Hi all... I'm a newbie at crochet and I have a pattern for some boots that I'm trying to follow.

I'm just a bit confused and wondered if anyone with more experience might be able to guide me a bit.

The pattern often reads like this:
    Sc, 2sc, sc in next 4, 2sc, sc, 2sc, sc in next 4, 2sc
    Does this mean after the first single crochet, to do two single crochet stitches in the same stitch? If it doesn't say 'in next (x)' that means I do them in the same place?

Does my question make sense?!

Yours hopefully,
    Amal

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Amal, I've done a bit if crocheting and that's how I would read it,once you've done a couple of rows the pattern should become clear I think because it specifically says sc into next 4, you are on the right lines. Good luck and isn't it nice to see the old crafts aren't dying out?

Oh, thank you so much Beau! Ok, I will keep going and see what happens!

I really admire crochet and knitting - I think it's a marvel that you can create so many things out of a piece of yarn, just by doing series of knots! I find crocheting easier - with it being only one needle and I find you don't really risk dropping any stitches.

I think that I will try to create my own patterns too, with enough practice, especially for ED

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Oooh that would be nice,keep us posted please

Ok, I'm still using the pattern as reference, but I've found that it's not too difficult to make it up as you go along, once you understand the basics. I managed to make something that resembles a ballet pump - which makes me quite optimistic! It's not long enough for my ED, but here it is on one of the reject feet that I made when modelling my own doll.

I'm using #20 crochet cotton and a 1mm hook. I will try going smaller, as I have a 0.6mm hook. May try using sewing thread with that.

Onwards!

aneemal - I know how to knit these slippers, but I do not understand the notation that is written to the scheme ((I want to help, but do not know how ((
    You knit - redone and again knit - redone and you will find the right mix

Oh these are sweet,glad you got there Aneemal

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information