+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Historical clothing for ED

Historical clothing for ED

I made an exact copy of the coronation mantle Roger II.
    The coronation mantle, also called the Pluviale, was worn, not like a regular coat, but was turned 90 degrees so that the opening was usually on the right shoulder so the right arm could hold a sword, allowing greater freedom of movement.
    The mantle was weighing 11 kilos. It was far more than a piece of clothing. It represented an insignia and later became a relic. My mantle was very light. Decorated with rhinestones. A total of about 2500 units.
    The center of the mantle shows a Tree of Life, utilizing a stylist palm tree with pendants of hanging fruits. Its displays a Tree of Life, that utilizes a stylist palm tree with a pendant of fruits. The occidental interpretation would signify the triumph of the Christians over the Pagans.
    The hem of the mantle is decorated with an Arabic (Kufic) inscription, bordered on both sides by a double row of pearls. It is to be read from right to the left.
    The text reads: this belongs to the articles worked in the Royal workshop, (which has) flourished with fortune and honour, with industry and perfection, with might and merit, with (this) sanction and (his) prosperity, with magnanimity and majesty, with renown and beauty and the fulfillment of desires and hopes and with felicitous days and nights without cease of change!, with honour and solicitude, with protection and defence, with success and certainty, with triumph and industry. In the (capital) city of Sicily I the year 528.

The monarch thus hymned is the Norman king Roger II.

https://imageshack.com/my/images
    Last edited by DanielL; February 2nd, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Congratulations Daniel...you did a fabulous job!

Thank you very much!

Wow Daniel! You are really talented! I love historical clothing, particularly of the early medieval age. I want to dress my dolls as medieval ladies.
    I was even planning to name my coming rEd 'Elvira', a portuguese name, and I just read Norman King Roger II married an Elvira too!
    Last edited by Duende; February 3rd, 2014 at 10:48 AM.

Thank you! Now combine several orders on the motives of that era. I'll soon show you.
    Very grateful for the assessment....

Thank you for appreciating my humble work!
    I just do a few outfits from the motives of that era. With item mi modern fashion.
    'll show you shortly.

Thank you. Here is the link to my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/116314228@N08/
    There are some of my works.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielL View Post
    Thank you! Now combine several orders on the motives of that era. I'll soon show you.
    Very grateful for the assessment....
    Ah, you are welcome! I really really do love your craft! How did you made the motives in the mantle (tree of life, lion, etc), if you don't mind me asking?
    I would like to order something from you someday!

In one of the museums of Vienna I saw the robe. And decided to do a similar to ED. The history of this cloak the real, Look what I'll do another. I am sure You will like it!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information