+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Birthday Contest 2014

Forum Birthday Contest 2014

We all know that the annual Enchanted Dolls birthday contest is one of the favourite events of ED fans. Alas, this year, Marina wasn't able to hold the contest. This is why we, the mods of the ED forum have decided to hold our own Enchanted Doll contest. Anyone on the forum is allowed to enter.

The theme is quite simple : If you could design an Enchanted Doll, what would you choose?
    This is the same theme as Marina choose for her contest in 2011 (and was my personal favourite).

You can show your idea in any type of art you want : a drawing, painting, sculpture, a short description, etc. and post your entry in this thread.

The contest will start on the 16th of March 2014 and will end on 27th of April 2014. That's 6 weeks to post your entry.

The rules are as followed :
    - The idea must be your own. We will not accept plagiarism.
    - You can use any existing fictional or real characters.
    - If your entry is a written description, do not make it longer than 300 words.
    - One entry per person. You are allowed to change your entry during the contest but all entries are final after the 27th of April.
    - We will not accept late entries. Six weeks should be sufficient.
    - Have fun with it! ^___^

The prize for First Place is ................... not an Enchanted Doll. Sorry, folks, we'd love to give you an Enchanted Doll but our budget wasn't that big.

We're still working out all the lovely prizes but just to give you a hint. One of the prizes are wonderfully lacy treats from Belgium (an apron and two butterfly pins). Here are my lovely assistants, Moira and Gwen to showcase the lacey goods.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask. We look forward to seeing your entries and don't forget to have fun ^____^
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

One of the Runner-up prizes will be a special OOAK Manga-Style wig to fit the resin girls courtesy of Orchid's Designs (aka... me!)

Can't wait to see your entries!!
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    And the other Runner-up prize will be a Mini Infinity Cowl in brown or pink (winner's choice) knitted by me, a brass filigree (could be bent into a headband/headpiece) and a tiny golden key.

Good luck everyone, we look forward to your entries ♥

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    What a lovely idea, and such lovely prizes!

I agree, it is a lovely idea.

Nice idea! I will mark my calendar and try to work towards the deadline.
    Something about Fiori&Lavanya...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/misslk/

Just a friendly reminder that you have 2 weeks left to post your entries. We look forward to seeing what you all will come up with ^_______^
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Moss showing off one of the prizes!!

And here is my example entry, to show just how easy it is to enter..... ;-)

If I could design a doll, I would love to see a fantsasy-haired woodland nymph from the house of Enchanted Doll, with leaves and tiny budding flowers tattooed up her legs and abdomen, dyed green silk hair that brushes the grass as she stands.
    She would be a sapphire sculpt with shimmering green eyes, peeking off to the side, captivated by something she has just glimpsed through the trees.

enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Oh, what a lovely mischievous wood nymph! ♥ Lovely artwork, Mayple, and very inspirational too!

That's a beautiful idea Monika. I had thought of an ED who is also a reliquary. She could have an architectural crown (like Cathedral) and either an intricate architectural metalwork design that reflects the crown (or vice-versa) on her torso or have a torso with a small opening and something precious inside. Though that might be difficult with steel stringing (just now thought of that problem). Maybe an artist on the forum could draw that (hint) or has it already been done?

This is not an entry.
    Last edited by Sabrina; April 20th, 2014 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Additional info

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information