+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Large Enchanted Doll!

New Large Enchanted Doll!

Oh how I wish to own a large enchanted doll! however the small ones is extremely hard to get, I wonder how rare these dolls would be! I guess I can only swoon from afar.

Imagine the costumes and wigs and the cost eek !! Still, can't wait to see her

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    It's amazing to see this photo, isn't it?!

It really makes me want to touch the parts, I imagine them being so smooth and nice! And like so often when Marina shows blank porcelain pieces, I wish for a blank hand, one of each size, it would be such a beautiful art piece in itself. Those large hands are gorgeous!

the feet are really cute! and there's more detail on the feet. do you think the porcelain color is more antique white or very white? I suspect she may use pearl white from Seeley, but it could also be from Laguna which those two colors may match the most.

also to think if she actually had the parts scanned, it costs really a fortune to have a whole doll scanned and digitalized. unless the person who worked on it used basic scanning photos and tweaked it afterwards. otherwise the computer artist would have to render a whole new stl file. any guesses? if anyone has actually 3D scanned parts, how much does it normally cost?

This doll already looks outstanding so imagine what it will be when it's fully painted and assembled. We can see some of the added details on the larger feet - the toes are separated, aren't they?, the fingers, the sculpted hairs.
    I don't know how many artists do create dolls that size... Koitsukihime - a Japanese artist - does. Do you know any other?
    Fantastic work anyway! Can't wait to admire the result.

I totally felt the same as Annina, I wanted to reach through the screen and touch the pieces. They looks so silky and smooth and Guyfawkes thanks for pointing out the details. Separated toes, lovely finger nails and fancy lady parts! I have no idea how the magic happens but I am so glad it does! Do you think she will get a metal accessory too?

Oh wow, I know she has mentioned working on a large ED before but it's really cool to see it coming together.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

This doll will be very heavy. I don't imagine Marina will be making many of them. This large size is nice for detail but unfortunately takes up a lot of room, and the cost will be more, and I think a lot of people like Enchanted doll because of the nice small size. I know I prefer the smaller size. I have large antique dolls and large Resin BJD and I love the small size of Marinas original dolls. I do know though that in the bisque antique dolls the larger ones are the ones that have all the fine detailed painting and are stunning but they take take up that precious room which for an active collector is at a premium. I do know that this doll will be magnificent and I can't wait to see her.

I just went and read what Marina had to say on her blog. She seems nervous about the stringing so I sure hope that goes well. I wonder if she will have to use elastic. Those spring metal things might not work on this large size. After all this gorgeous sculpting the stringing better darn well work or I think I will hear the screaming from BC all the way to Alberta. She is one of the best sculptors I have seen. Her hands are the best that is for sure.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information