+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Large Enchanted Doll!

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    I actually don't buy the larger dolls much any more either. They're a bit heavy to lift, especially for photo shoots, and they tend to loosen more quickly.

I think an ED in this size would petrify me, I would be sure to break it. But I just love collecting props and small ones store more easily.

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    I would love to experience such a large ED, handling her or even just looking at her at an exhibition, but I think she would be too big for me to enjoy owning her, I'm really a fan of tiny things. It's just very interesting to see how she will turn out, and I hope we will get comparison photos, I could picture Marina holding her, or both Chad and Marina standing and the ED being on some sort of stand next to them, like a line up, that would be cool to see!

Well if I win the lottery tonight I am going to beg and beg for Marina to put me in the queue for such a doll. In fact even if I DONT win I still want to be on a list for her!

Please help

I am sorry to be a bother like this. Can someone please help me by posting the pics of the larger doll or prototype. Ever since Miss Bychkova blogged about the bigger Enchanted Dolls I became so excited and waited patiently. Unfortunately the country I am in now suddenly blocked/censored Miss Bychkova's blog and website and I cant access any features of her site. I tried the unblock request and everything but they just ignore my request. Please I am very desperate to see the beauty of the latest Enchanted Dolls. I have been a fan of Enchanted Doll for years. Please help.

Although itís not quite finished yet, I believe it is now safe for me to tell you about my secret doll project that kept me largely absent from the internet for the last 6 months. This is it Ė the first porcelain prototype of a large Enchanted Doll. She is a 1 meter tall ( 3 feet) scaled up replica of my original sculpt. You can see the sets side by side for size comparison. Both of them are getting painted this week and assembled into dolls.

Needless to say, the last few months have been rather challenging and nerve-wrecking, as Iíve had to learn a bunch of new skills and acquire new equipment to be able to create large scale ceramic sculpture. To make matters even more interesting, during the whole process I had no idea if the project was even structurally possible or viable. The will-it-or-wonít-it aspect of it has definitely added some nervous excitement into my life, but Iím really happy that the uncertainty is almost at an end.

Although who knows, more problems will probably crop up as they tend to do with new territory. Stringing might prove to be an insurmountable disaster yet, and render all my efforts pointless. Iím testing new springs tomorrow, so keep a ALL your fingers and toes crossed for me, will ya?
    And of course now that the cat is out of the bag, stay tuned for the picture updates on the painting and stringing this new doll of mine.

To soothe those of you who are wondering, I have absolutely no plans to abandon my original scale. From now on, I will be working small and large. The new, glorious era of Enchanted Doll is here!

And this doll shall be called, Gloriana!

ziggytaku is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    ill say it is a wonderfull news as i like big dolls to look at and i have two BJD boy(70cm) and the girl (60cm) but i do not play with them much just dress them in the lovely outfits as a couple and they are stand as my models ^^ as for the size to play with doll i like MSD size (40-36cm) the doll this size is easy to take any where ^^ or tinis as well ^^
    I so wan to see the new dolls big or small, iknow it will be awesome as always and i wish i could buy ED one day for my self soon as for big girl i would lobe to get her to some day as she would be look lovely in my victorian bedroom resting on my bed as a decor and loving doll as well^^
    Never stop dreaming, if you have a dream you have reason to live for. Don't let them die pursue them achieve them and find another to pursue.

Let's all hope that the assembling of Gloriana goes well so we can all see her in her full glory this weekend. Marina said that she would bring her and other dolls to Spectrum Live convention in Kansas City. How exciting!!
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

And she is complete : http://www.enchanteddoll.com/glorian...-is-completed/

I think she looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see what Marina will do next with these big girls. Also, I would love to see photos of Gloriana with her smaller sisters. It would be like something out of a fairy tale book
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

I can't believe how, gorgeous, the big doll is! But I never, under estimate, Marina's talent, when it comes to Doll Making. This doll is incredible!.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information