+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NJ/NY Area Meets

NJ/NY Area Meets

Hi, Enchanted Friends!

Just wondering if anyone is thinking of attending some meets in the NJ/NY area.

I'm new to this, so this will be my first time attending both of these (schedule, work, money permitting, etc.)

Delaware Valley Doll Club
    Hamilton Township Public Library 1 Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr. Way Hamilton, NJ 08619
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014
    7:30 PM
    http://www.dvdcnj.org

Central New Jersey ABJD Meet
    Date: June 29, 2014 (Sunday)
    Sayreville Public Library
    1050 Washington Road
    Parlin, NJ 08859 (don't panic, Parlin is a part of Sayreville)
    2:30 pm - 5:00 pm

Please let me know if you'd like to come!
    I may be bringing my new OOAK Fantasy BJD if I can find a doll stand for her. Hehe, I'l lprobably find one there!
    Don't know if any EDs will be in attendance, but I'm sure if anyone wanted to bring theirs, they'd be welcome.

Cheers!

what type of dolls do they show in this event?

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor_Orbit View Post
    what type of dolls do they show in this event?
    Sailor_Orbit, last night when I attended the Delaware Valley Doll Club they had lots of baby dolls, some Barbies, some Madame Alexanders, and a whole host of other uh... "normal" dolls. By "Normal" I mean the type of doll most people "expect" to see when you say "doll" to them.

There weren't any "art dolls" other than the one I brought, and no other BJDs besides her. But it was really nice to just meet these ladies and slowly start to become familiar with doll culture.

They were all very excited to see my Ophelia (an OOAK BJD that I purchased) and I'm sure they would gush over nearly any and all dolls that were brought to show. It was a nice evening!

Do they sell dolls there? Like a dealer's room. Or is it mainly a meet up where the people would bring in their own dolls? Any photos of previous events? I would like to go but it is a bit far, if it was boston I could say definitely yes.

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    I don't live up there any more. I was born in Paterson N.J. and grew up mostly in Oakland. Nice to know they have a doll club. Wow! they probably never saw anything like an ED before!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor_Orbit View Post
    Do they sell dolls there? Like a dealer's room. Or is it mainly a meet up where the people would bring in their own dolls? Any photos of previous events? I would like to go but it is a bit far, if it was boston I could say definitely yes.
    Ah, well there were doll things for sale but it was more of like a "garage sale" feel. Lots of old toys, if you get my drift, and some of them still in boxes, etc. I should have taken pictures but I got there kind of late. (To the DVDC meet)

I'm not sure about the Central Jersey meet (this Sunday!) but remind me and I'll report back!

Quote Originally Posted by lilithskyblu View Post
    I don't live up there any more. I was born in Paterson N.J. and grew up mostly in Oakland. Nice to know they have a doll club. Wow! they probably never saw anything like an ED before!!!!
    Yup, and still haven't, since I didn't have one to bring, hahah! But I think some of the members had heard of ED...

Ugh. As it turns out, I can't go to this Sunday's meet. I have to work.

::S A D N E S S::

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information