+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Guide?

Price Guide?

Hi,

Apologies if there is a thread on this already or if it's inappropriate - if so just remove or I can edit.

I'd like to save up for an ED but I'm not sure what figure I should be aiming for. I've seen several different amounts so I'm not sure what I need to put away.

At this stage I definitely won't be able to afford a porcelain doll, I've seen some of those prices and that is out of my price range (anywhere between $10,000 and $60,000).

I'm hoping Marina will release the resin girls again, but if not what is an average price for a second hand resin girl? I'm putting away some money now but its always good to have an idea of how much I will need before posting a WTB etc.

Thankyou

Jess
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/noddyfry/

Wasn't a resin ED sold recently on ebay for about 6000dollars?
    I don't know what people ask for their resin ED's in this forum -prices are kept in the dark . The ebay prices are generally speaking quite high compared to prices on doll forums. But in any case, I think You must be prepared to pay many thousands due to the fact that there is no certainty of the resin line to continue and therefore there might not be any more resin ED dolls made in the world.

Thank you Caracal.

Its hard to get an idea on prices so I won't be able to post a WTB until I have decent amount, I don't want to offend anyone with a low price.

I'll keep my eye on any ebay or forum sales

Thanks again,

Jess

My resin ed Elvira cost me 3200€ (at the time this was 5??? USD)...It was very expensive, but I think I was lucky, no auction, and I would not pay much higher... I was told there were many people contacting the seller, I just happened to be the first...

I'm young, and I don't work yet (and even if I could work there would be no employment for me, because of the recession), I used a third of the money that was supposed to be for my future, colllege/university/etc...but I chose a different path, however, now I wanted to enroll in a course in a big city, and I don't know if I can make it...I considered sellling the doll again, but I do not know....If the government did not continually reduce my mom's wages, and if the prices of services such as electricity did not continually raise, I wouldn't have to worry about this, my mom could well afford my and my sisters education...
    Last edited by Duende; June 23rd, 2014 at 09:51 AM.

Thankyou Duende.

Your doll is a piece of art, you can reclaim your costs so it was a good investment

Yes, but I agree with Caracal, expect to pay higher than that (especially on an auction)...and if the resin dolls cease to be made, even higher prices....

Thank you very much, my mom even says she's prettier than the Porcelain enchanted dolls I show her! And that I shouldn't sell it at all, my mom doesn't like me to sell valuable things I have just because we are poorer, specially because of that, since we probably won't afford to buy something like them again, I recently sold some valuable clothes I hardly ever used (because they had to be dry cleaned) and she didn't want it at all...
    But you are right, Enchanted Dolls are a good investment!

I wish you luck Noddyfry!

Ok, just checked with my mom, and she says 'Do not sell your Elvira, in no way at all!'...She's a softie, I need a stricter mom!

Thankyou Duende! She is a gorgeous creature, hang on to her!

Maybe if you have experience of other resin bjds, you could also mention that you are interested in dolls that may be less desirable to some collectors (like faceup damage, or blank dolls)? If that is the case, you may be able to lower the price? I'd like to see people who post sales threads mention a figure - because it means they will get a more informed response from readers. Alas, not everyone is comfortable doing that. I do think it's a good idea to have some money put aside, ready, because (as a seller in the past), even if several people contacted me I would favour the person who could say they have the money and are ready to pay straight away, over someone who would need more time.

Anywho... Wishing you good luck! Keep your eyes peeled and don't forget you can subscribe to the Sales section so that you get an email notification when new threads are posted. Would love to share that happy day with you when you get your gal

Duende, your mum sounds great!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Duende,your mum is lovely,and obviously treasures things of beauty and art,as well as her daughter!! sounds like my little mum,aren't we lucky!!??

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information