+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Guide?

Guess I'd better start saving up....hahaha! I don't know how I could manage a lump sum for a resin doll. I can barely pull my rent together. But it's nice to dream.....

My most expensive resin dolls have been around 1000, and I think that is the highest I wanna go. For porcelain doll in general I would be willing to pay few thousands (if I had such money , as a housewife my monthly paycheck is 0 ). So, I guess I will never have ED doll, not even the resin ones. The prices just are too high for me
    But there are many other things in the world I can not get; I would love to live in a palace in New Zealand with lots of animals, I would love to get fantastic jewellery from Tiffany... And most of all I would love to have an animal rescue place and would love to donate millions for WWF (instead of the 30/month I donate now)..
    All dreams though, never gonna happen.

But I am happy for all of You who have been able to get an ED or are getting one in future

Quote Originally Posted by aneemal View Post
    I'd like to see people who post sales threads mention a figure - because it means they will get a more informed response from readers.

Duende, your mum sounds great!
    So would I....I'm all for transparency....in the beginning, when I first joined the forum, I was surprised to see that the numbers where kept private, in sales and such, I didn't understand it, it seemed odd, but some people might have their reasons for prefering it that way...

Thanks Aneemal, and Beau! My mom isn't a motherly mom at all, I should clarify that, more like a quirky aunt or cousin! ;P However, she's a very cultured, intelligent, wise woman, I am lucky!

I bought my RED on eBay for $5000 USD a year ago. No auction. But it turned out it was not painted by Marina and I got $1000 refunded..

I'm so jealous of your moms! My mom and I don't speak much, and I like it that way.. She has never been very supportive, to say the least. She knows about my EDs, but she has absolutely no idea how much I payed for them! If I ever told her I think she'd go bananas and call me crazy.. I would never hear the end of it.
    Tone Elizabeth

See more photos of my Enchanted Dolls here:
    My Flickr gallery

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    People don't understand buying a doll for thousands of dollars, they call you crazy. I have a boyfriend who is always buying and selling stock and tearing his hair out. A few years back (2010/2011) I had chances to buy porcelain ED's from other members of this forum who decided to sell anywhere from $5,000.00 for a nude to $11,000.00 for a costumed doll. I swear, I practically rolled around on the floor begging, BEGGING! my boyfriend to make an investment in art! But he was not having it at all! Porcelain dolls? Better to buy stock! Well, he has done okay with stocks, but he would have made a KILLING if he had listened to me and bought dolls! And I would have had a lovely little harem to play with in the mean time.
    Last edited by lilithskyblu; June 26th, 2014 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks for all of your replies!

No ED for me in the near future then, but its always good to have a goal and keep the thought in the back of my mind - if I know I want something, I'm less likely to buy other dolls
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/noddyfry/

I hope Marina decides to do more resin dolls, that would mean that the prices in the secondary market would go down and more people could have their dream doll.
    (I am getting bored with resin dolls, so for me it might happen too late anyway. I started with vinyl fashion dolls, got bored with them. From vinyl I moved to resin BJD dolls, now I am getting bored to them. Now I want porcelain art dolls -but don't have the money for them.. I get bored easily )

Quote Originally Posted by lilithskyblu View Post
    People don't understand buying a doll for thousands of dollars, they call you crazy. I have a boyfriend who is always buying and selling stock and tearing his hair out. A few years back (2010/2011) I had chances to buy porcelain ED's from other members of this forum who decided to sell anywhere from $5,000.00 for a nude to $11,000.00 for a costumed doll. I swear, I practically rolled around on the floor begging, BEGGING! my boyfriend to make an investment in art! But he was not having it at all! Porcelain dolls? Better to buy stock! Well, he has done okay with stocks, but he would have made a KILLING if he had listened to me and bought dolls! And I would have had a lovely little harem to play with in the mean time.
    Keep reminding him of his mistakes. Serves him right. Now if you did have that little Harem, it wouldn't be much of an investment though because you could NEVER PART with them. Right? That is how I would be. I love my two resins and porcelains while be even better. I love your Dove.

I suspect the reason people don't list the price they are selling their dolls is because they are waiting for the highest bidder and if it isn't high enough they won't sell. Everyone is getting so desperate now they could go for any amount. I have even had a person contact me wanting to trade their doll for one of mine but their doll was not painted by Marina and mine is. I said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    My most expensive resin dolls have been around 1000€, and I think that is the highest I wanna go. For porcelain doll in general I would be willing to pay few thousands (if I had such money , as a housewife my monthly paycheck is 0€ ). So, I guess I will never have ED doll, not even the resin ones. The prices just are too high for me
    But there are many other things in the world I can not get; I would love to live in a palace in New Zealand with lots of animals, I would love to get fantastic jewellery from Tiffany... And most of all I would love to have an animal rescue place and would love to donate millions for WWF (instead of the 30€/month I donate now)..
    All dreams though, never gonna happen.

But I am happy for all of You who have been able to get an ED or are getting one in future
    Though your post was a couple of years ago it touched my heart so much to see your sweet desire to help animals. I volunteer and pour much of my disposable income into two cat rescues in my area and not a few dog rescues too. I always love to see another person mention their love for rescuing animals. Hugs!

Quote Originally Posted by lilithskyblu View Post
    Did you show him the last ED ebay auction for Cinderella? I bet he felt pretty foolish then!

I have the same situation and it's so unfair because you'd think that with a female female relationship- there is a slightly better chance that both of you would like/appreciate dolls right? Nope. My wife truly does not appreciate/like dolls- she is a ridiculously practical person (almost as practical as I am impractical). My love for dolls has only grown stronger over the years- alas for her. I don't even discuss my major doll purchases with my wife because she would never approve of/sanction a purchase of a doll costing hundreds much less thousands of dollars, even though I am the one that brings in most of our household income. In her mind all my bonuses and extra income should go into another remodel or new furniture - or some other ridiculous not fun thing. I wasn't even allowed to buy a "fun" car, we drive a Subaru.

Because I lost on the car argument, I now don't feel any guilt at all about maintaining a separate checking account that I use for big doll purchases. I feed it with expense reimbursements from my work, and the occasional doll sale. It works out for both of us. My wife knows that I have the account and occasionally put some $$ into it- but has learned not to ask that question "how much did you spend on that doll" anymore, it will only lead to fighting. We seriously will never see eye to eye on the doll thing...

I am so envious of people with spouses/SOLs that support their doll-nut loved ones...
    Last edited by Galacticat; April 26th, 2016 at 08:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information