+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: God, how I hate to sew

I like pillowticking for fancy doll dresses if you can find it. It is meant to keep the feathers in your down pillows. The weave is really tight and the fabric is thin and has a slight sheen to it. You can usually find some different basic colours I have some sky blue I'll be making a doll Jacket out of soon.
    As for tiny seams, I usually err on the side of a bit too big so I can take it in, if needed. If you go for too small you have to rip out the seam and try again. If you leave the side seams too big, you can put it on the doll inside out and Fit it to the sides with a marking pencil (on both sides), line them up carefully and it should fit better.
    I hope that helps...

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    I am totally in awe of anyone who sews. My RED needs clothing badly, but I don't sew a stitch. :o(

What "look" do you want from this dress, "Kapiszonka"? That would make a difference in what kind of material to buy. It has the look of evening elegance, but could be royalty, exotic, almost anything--depending on the fabric.

ziggytaku is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    First of all thank you so very much for the link i have a momoko tip doll and so exited to have some doll patterns ^^

as for you doll dress i think you did such a wonderfull job for some one who do not sew often ^^, i can understand it is so not easy to make such a small scale dress T.T but it is all reworde when you look your darling girl in fruit of your hard work ^^
    Never stop dreaming, if you have a dream you have reason to live for. Don't let them die pursue them achieve them and find another to pursue.

Another attempt Let's hope it looks like sth Victorian. Could I ask about your opinions ? Thank you for watching
    zdjecie3 by Urszula, on Flickr
    zdjecie2 by Urszula, on Flickr
    zdjecie1 by Urszula, on Flickr

God, how I hate to sew

It looks wonderful! And definitely Victorian! Can't wait to see your choice for fabric and trim.
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

Kapizonka, it looks great. I think when its done, the dress will look awesome. Love your idea.

Kapizonka, it looks bustle- ious!!! X

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    I think this is going to be fabulous!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information