+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: God, how I hate to sew

Adorable dress - with historical detail!

What a beautiful Snow White !!!!
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

I love these pictures- what a fantastic dress, she looks gorgeous!

So beautiful. Love her dress too!

Quote Originally Posted by kapiszonka View Post
    I made a 'mannequin' yesterday. It's simple and nothing special. I'm happy that finally dolls are safer and far from my hands

IMG_0530 by Urszula, on Flickr
    Kapiszona I love the picture you posted of your mannequin Did you have a pattern left over you could share? And what did you use to fill the mannequin? I'm asking because I tried to copy you and it didn't turn out very well. I made a dress that fit my doll like a glove and then stuffed it with cotton batting - so my points came out soft and round - the dimensions may be right but the shape is different from a RED?? But hey I've got a great pin cushion

Oh, my. I'm sorry for being sooooooo late. I'll look for a pattern, but I'm not 100% certain that I've still got it. I've bought Dina's plastic doll and it's better than my mannequin. As far as I remember I stuffed it with cotton batting, too and it's too soft to work on it. I would love to have sth soft to pin on it and hard enough to keep a doll's shape if you know what I mean. But I don't know how to do it.
    I think we're looking for sth like that (link below) like Dior small mannequins
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BSCjLR5F...ken-by=fhdolls

Quote Originally Posted by kapiszonka View Post
    Oh, my. I'm sorry for being sooooooo late. I'll look for a pattern, but I'm not 100% certain that I've still got it. I've bought Dina's plastic doll and it's better than my mannequin. As far as I remember I stuffed it with cotton batting, too and it's too soft to work on it. I would love to have sth soft to pin on it and hard enough to keep a doll's shape if you know what I mean. But I don't know how to do it.
    I think we're looking for sth like that (link below) like Dior small mannequins
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BSCjLR5F...ken-by=fhdolls
    Thanks so much for your response! I love the little mannequin you found from the Dior 1/3 scale shows - it's so cute. After following your link, I learned that fashion artists sometimes make patterns scaled down to 1/2 /1/3 or 1/4 to save money on fabric. If you search "half scale mini dress form" scaled pin-able mannequins come up for sale. Probably they are filled with urethane foam like the full scale mannequins?

But EDs are 1/6 scale Here's a cool tutorial on how to make a foam mannequin from a plaster bandage cast. It looks dangerous . . . but could be adapted to doll scale if one were very brave.
    http://labricoleuse.livejournal.com/161195.html

It seems like ordering one of Dina's mannequins is the best solution for me right now! A tight little t-shirt cover would make it pin-able

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information