+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Doll Phryne

I don't understand that either,thought it was just me. Everyone always seems really happy if someone gets a new girl

New Doll Phryne

Yeah, I haven't seen anything but excitement either. I think we all know by now that these dolls are expensive and many of us will never have one...so people just get over that and move on to enjoying all the eye candy!

Speaking of which, Phyrene's eyes are AMAZING! I agree that her lips are big for my taste (that seems to be a new trend in Marina's work), but she is expertly painted. And I love all her gold details...she's lovely!
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

I don't see how Marina bears to part with any of her beauties. If I were her, I would keep Phryne- she is now my new favorite...of course...

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
    well could you blame the owners? a lot of people are not receptive to people who are capable of owning these dolls. Look at how people attacked the seller who sold the last doll on this forum.

she is a beauty, I hope the situation changes soon.
    Yes, I would like to hear about this as well. I haven't posted photos but have been trying to participate in the forum discussions and would love to own one of Marina's dolls. I do get a little discouraged because some of you are a very closely knit group and I am a late-comer. But, I hope that no one would discourage an owner not to sell one of his/her dolls, especially when they have several.

I love Phryne's mesmerizing, almost hypnotic eyes.....No wonder she had her way with all those men!
    If you don't like the fortune in your fortune cookie, just open another!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
    well could you blame the owners? a lot of people are not receptive to people who are capable of owning these dolls. Look at how people attacked the seller who sold the last doll on this forum.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm going to assume that you're talking about valleyviolet selling her porcelain doll in September. That's the last porcelain doll being sold on the forum. I'm looking at the thread discussing the sale and I don't see any comments attacking the seller.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

New Doll Phryne

I think Belldandy must be mistaken. I'm pretty sure the only person that has been "attacked" on this forum deserved it (for recasting). Otherwise all we other frequent forum goers would know about it.
    Follow me on Flickr!

maybe the word "attack" is a bit too strong, but definitely it was an uncomfortable situation. There is quite a few examples that weren't so public, but yes that is one public example. allegedly "recasting" otherwise there is no direct evidence or confession. be careful with the wording, the first amendment doesn't cover deformation of character.

no one DESERVES to be attacked. that is too uncivil. Otherwise we all should be attacked for purchasing items that encourages slave labor or not so livable conditions (i.e. h&m, iPhone etc).

Phyrne's eyes are quite mesmerizing. I really like the photos and her dress.

New Doll Phryne

I have communicated with Sailor Orbit and confirmed that she did indeed recast her Enchanted Doll, so this is not deformation of character. Also, she still does not understand why what she did was a problem. She was offered multiple opportunities to make amends to Marina and restore her character, but she did not apologize, because she feels no remorse. I think it likely that she acted in ignorance and without malice, but she has not tried to alleviate her ignorance. Perhaps you are right that she didn't "deserve" to be attacked, but I personally no longer have any sympathy for her.

And as to the other incidents you allude to, I still have no idea what you are talking about, despite regularly reading every single post made in this community.
    Follow me on Flickr!

I have spoken to her as well and in no way she admitted it was a recast, so I don't know why she would say one thing to you and another to me. Either you are lying or she is lying to me or you have misunderstood.

what is this ignorance you are speaking about? She made a doll that looks like another doll. So what? she isn't selling any of them. Why do you think she hasn't spoken to Marina at all or haven't tried to make amends? I don't think you are all knowing, and know every aspect of everything. Should she apologize that she hasn't sold any of her dolls?

Fine don't have sympathy for her but don't be part of the problem either. No one deserves to be bullied and no one should instigate or encourage bullying. Harassment is not the answer.

I have explained my perspective, I don't know why we need to go any further. If you disagree, okay fine disagree. But it isn't a coincidence there has been less and less photos.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information