+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Porcelain slip

Porcelain slip

Hello,
    I am looking for porcelain slip.
    The problem is that the shipping from USA coast too much for me
    and I couldn't find any porcelain slip in Europe.
    Can someone tell me where can I find good porcelain slip for dolls making with reasonable price for the shipping?
    Thanks,
    Romi

I'm in the UK and it is very easy to find porcelain slip for sale - there must be hundreds of suppliers...
    It would be useful to know which country you are in, in order to help you look for a source near to you.

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

I also have this problem...even the tools used in doll-making (ceramics, jewellery making, etc) are hard for me to find here, as well as good modelling materials, and webstores in my country are rare still. So maybe it would be nice to create a database or some such, of european online shops that sell doll-making materials?

I ordered twice from this UK based online shop that sells Bell porcelain slip, but it was too expensive for me, the shipping, and of course because of the currency in , I use the € that has less value...

http://www.lydiasdollmakingsupplies.com/

I also ordered from Scarva, again UK based:

http://www.scarva.com/

I really would like to find a shop based in Continental Europe, in Euro currency, but my problem is that, even though I learned a bit of French and German languages in school, English is the foreign language I'm most fluent, so I always search in English...
    Last edited by Duende; May 23rd, 2015 at 10:46 AM.

Oh, I almost forgot, that I did order from a webshop based in Italy, but when I press the Ceramics - Ceramic bisque category, it appears there are no products to be found...

http://www.hobbyland.eu/eng/shop/00000004/

Hi Duende.. I have the same problem sourcing slip in New Zealand, so I buy from Australia.. The extra shipping is expensive but you can make quite a few dolls from one big jar of slip..
    The Porcelain Place in the USA supplies Ultrachic slip internationally and they have a list of distributors on their website. They have distributors in Germany, Italy and the UK.. Try this link www.theporcelainplace.com

Hello,
    I live in Israel and i found a shop who sells porcelain slip In my country.
    however, they don't have ultra thick, and they are the only shop who sells porcelain slips in my country.
    Will regular porcelain slip work well for bjd making?
    Thanks,
    Romi

Thank you very much for the very useful link Jealoushe...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information