+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New OOAK Resin Doll Available

I'm sure someone in China won her- the lucky duck!

I know Marina is no longer doing resins- but I do have a teeny hope that she has a few leftover, and will possibly make them for special events like this

Quote Originally Posted by arcane_love View Post
    Did we ever learn of this doll's fate?
    I have no idea what happened to the auction. I was able to purchase a Chinese language version of the ED book so now I have several copies, the original signed release, a signed re-release, several unsigned re-releases, an unsigned Russian language version and now the Chinese version. I may never be able to have one of the high end OOAK REDs but I have Isabeau and my books so all is well with the world. I would like to know too.

There was no "auction"

Marina's blog post explains that it was a promotion from her Chinese publisher for the book. Everyone who bought a book through their taobao site was entered into a drawing- and the drawing will occur when the book sells out. But you have to order direct from the publisher- there is a link on Marina's page to the taobao shop.

I just checked the shop- it says that the "collector's edition" is sold out- and upon further inspection it appears that only the collector edition was eligible for the purchase- so they must have had the drawing!

Actually- reading it again I am not sure at all- I'll send an email to the email address in the post to see what happens

I remember when this promotion first came out- it made me desperate to join Taobao so I could enter- but I can't since I'm in the US and don't have a card/bank account that can be linked. I realized that if I bought through a third party buyer (how I usually shop Taobao) it just wouldn't work..
    Last edited by Galacticat; April 26th, 2016 at 01:06 AM.

Galacticat, thanks! I'm so curious to find out what you learn!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information