+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Doll Attempt...

New Doll Attempt...

Hey everyone! Long time no see! I've been lurking a bit here and there but haven't posted anything in forever. I'm making a new thread because I'm making a different doll. Basically, I was a little too ambitious with my first doll attempt so I'm toning it down a bit. Before I had planned to make my own wigs for my dolls but after trying one I realized how time consuming and difficult they are. So this time I'm making a doll that will fit a size 5-6 wig. I'm also planning to just sculpt her and send her away for casting in resin. I really want to do a porcelain doll someday, but I figure I mine as well take baby steps! Here's my progress so far:

I drew her to scale and cut out styrofoam pieces to sculpt my clay around. That way my pieces will be hollow so I can string her up and test her joints.
    Danae Making Dolls blog:
    danaemakingdolls.tumblr.com

Here's the drawing of the face I'm working from. It's actually the same drawing for my original doll.

Started sculpting her head today. I'm only a little ways on but I love progress pictures so I thought you guys might too!

Danae Making Dolls blog:

Wow! Excellent photos, good luck with your
    project x

lynne, Thanks!! I'll need it haha. I'm working really hard at not being a total perfectionist this time around. I keep reminding myself, she'll never be perfect just KEEP GOING. haha.

Here's today's progress...

I tried giving her a little faceup with colored pencils to see what she'll look like eventually a little better. I really like her profile, but I'm a little less sure about her from the front. She fits the wig perfectly though! That's nice at least. I think it looks pretty good on her too! I think next time around I'm going to use Super Sculpey, because it's really frustrating and difficult to tell what I'm doing with all the dust and whatnot in the clay.
    Danae Making Dolls blog:

Yeah....decided to go back to the drawing board again! Here's my new concept for my doll's face. I hope this next attempt works out better!

Danae Making Dolls blog:

Today's progress on my new head. I decided to scrap my first one. She's inspired by Emily Browning, Audrey Hepburn, and Natalie Portman!

Danae Making Dolls blog:

Danae Making Dolls blog:

Here's today's progress so far! I'm hoping to get further on the torso tonight before bed. I'm taking a little break right now.

Danae Making Dolls blog:

Last night's progress:
    Danae Making Dolls blog:

New Doll Attempt...

Oh it is really coming along!
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information