+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Resin Enchanted Doll wig size

Resin Enchanted Doll wig size

Is there an actual wig size for resin Enchanted dolls, or do they all have to be custom made? Thank-you.

I think there were a few recent posts on the wig sizes somewhere on the forum.
    Do the porcelain doll wigs fit the REDs?
    MigMig

Quote Originally Posted by MigMig View Post
    Do the porcelain doll wigs fit the REDs?
    It really matters WHICH porcelain sculpt Enchanted Doll... for example - the Edie/Pearl/Cinderella/Chimera Porcelain sculpt will fit the resins no problem.

Also - the wigs made for the ASIAN resin ED will fit both the European ED AND the Porcelain sculpts mentioned above (I cannot say for many of the other sculpts as I only own the Cinderella-type sculpt)
    HOWEVER - I have heard wigs made for the European resin ED look a little funny on the Asian dolls due to a difference in forehead size I believe.
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Here is the shopping guide for wigs, but it needs updating as it was written before the resins:
    http://www.enchantedforum.net/showth...5213#post45213

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

I've bought wigs in size 4 for my porcelain ED (Edie sculpt) and they would fit her very well. However, whilst they are technically the right size for resin EDs (Asian and European), the resin heads are so smooth that the wigs have problem staying on their heads and tend to 'pop off'. So for resin dolls, I'd probably recommend custom-made wigs.

Asian and European sculpts can interchange wigs. If a European sculpt wears an Asian wig, it's fine. But the other way around doesn't look as good 'cause European sculpts have smaller heads. I did the test with my girls :

This sideways photo shows that the Asian sculpt has a bigger head than the European sculpt.

European sculpt wearing a wig made for the Asian sculpt.

Asian sculpt wearing a wig made for the European sculpt. As you can see, she has a large forehead.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

That is really really useful to know!! Thank you so much for the explanation, Monika and Els! - I will add this to the wig thread.

Thank-you everyone, for the helpful info!

I mention the different porcelain head sculpt wigs because in the past when I have made a wig that fits both the Cinderella/Pearl/Edie sculpt AND the Banshee sculpt, I have heard from clients who own the Gwendolyn and Primavera sculpts that their heads are too big and the wigs didn't fit, they had to be "snipped" inside to allow for this.
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

This is how Chad responded to my question: "As for the wigs, the porcelain heads are a bit bigger, so the wigs won’t fit as snug and may not look right. "
    Does anyone know what wig size fits the European and which the Asian sculpt? Has nobody ordered wigs yet?
    MigMig

MigMig, I may be wrong, but most wigs seem to be sized in increments of 1 inch or half an inch at most. The porcelain heads are 4 inch and the difference between the porcelain and resins (both asian and european) is not going to be a whole wig size. Having said that, if I were going to order a commercial wig for a resin, I'd probably try an elasticated 3.5 inch wig. I have a feeling this would offer the best fit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information