+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Resin Enchanted Doll wig size

Does anyone know if Ilaria/Time of Doll has ever made RED wigs? I don't see any on her feed, so I suspect not- but was hoping maybe I am wrong... (I love her wigs)

Resin Enchanted Doll wig size

I emailed Ilaria yesterday asking about it. Waiting for her reply. I will let you know. 😊

Haha, I emailed her too- I know she is crazy busy this time of year, I hope she considers it! It may simply be that she doesn't have a RED to use to form the wigs on. Someone should make her a plaster cast or something of the head for wig making purposes...

Well it is as I've suspected. Ilaria can't make ED wigs because she doesn't have a doll, and can't afford the price only to make the wigs. She needs the actual head since the wigs she makes are fitted perfectly (she uses the glue cap method)

Per Ilaria, if someone were to send her a mold of the head that she could use for making wigs, she would be willing to do ED wigs. I wish I knew how to do that, I really do think she is one of the most talented wig makers in the doll world...

I keep hearing this name- does she have a Flickr account?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    I keep hearing this name- does she have a Flickr account?
    Yes, she does : https://www.flickr.com/photos/timeofdoll/
    She is also known as 'Time of Doll'.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    Well it is as I've suspected. Ilaria can't make ED wigs because she doesn't have a doll, and can't afford the price only to make the wigs. She needs the actual head since the wigs she makes are fitted perfectly (she uses the glue cap method)

Per Ilaria, if someone were to send her a mold of the head that she could use for making wigs, she would be willing to do ED wigs. I wish I knew how to do that, I really do think she is one of the most talented wig makers in the doll world...
    I can make moulds of heads, and have done so for my other porcelain dolls so I can make my own wigs (I still buy from others occasionally too). I am happy to talk you through it, or I can make an extra one when I receive my doll. (Oooooh I never thought I would be able to say this lol!) I have ordered the Asian sculpt, so someone else would need to provide one for the European.....

Oh yeah mine is the European, so maybe I could try and do one of my doll (maybe when she comes back from getting a face). Ilaria is ridiculously busy right now anyway, maybe things will settle down more post Christmas.

For the dolls wig I have made so far, since I like to make my wigs with a perfect fit, I have made and already used a dummy based on measures and looking at the photo, for the Primavera mold which is the most different one of all the ones I was commissioned wigs for.

Otherwise, for all others, I have made myself other dummies which I use and which do work well for both asian porcelain, european porcelain, and european and asian REDs. I usually ask which mold the commissioned wig is for, in order to make subtle adjustments so they will fit most possibly, but many of my clients have different dolls and I make them so they can interchange the wigs.
    You can say that if you have a Asian RED and an European Porcelain, you'd need no "adaptations" to make the wig fit well for both. In all other cases I have developped a few very small but effective "professional tricks" which have seemed to work so far, so the customer may use the wig as much as possible for all her dolls of course they'll look a bit different (like for instance the last one I made for Els I expect will look different on her Caucasian RED but about the same on Arya and the Asian RED) but I made it so that she can use it for all 3 dolls if she wishes, and the cap will sit well on all 3.

I have never made wigs for Gwendolyn though.
    Last edited by Grevling; December 24th, 2015 at 06:47 PM.
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information