+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Resin Enchanted Doll wig size

Silicone putty would work well for this - you could just mould it around the top of the head and you'd need probably less than 100g. Once it's set (about 40mins), you could either use an epoxy clay or even a polymer clay to create a dummy head. I'm going to do this with my doll so that I don't have to mess with her too much when making a wig!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

I really love the long wigs that are not too fluffy. I have made a wig for my Ruse using the glue cap method but the bulk of the wig overwhelmed her tiny face. I'm going to try to make a wig for ED but do any of you experienced wig makers out there have suggestions for keeping it from being too bulky?

Quote Originally Posted by aneemal View Post
    Silicone putty would work well for this - you could just mould it around the top of the head and you'd need probably less than 100g. Once it's set (about 40mins), you could either use an epoxy clay or even a polymer clay to create a dummy head. I'm going to do this with my doll so that I don't have to mess with her too much when making a wig!
    Oh maybe I'll try that! I have epoxy clay- I'll order some silicone putty from amazon.

I usually make a dress-form of my dolls too, using tape, to send to the people I want to commission outfits from. I wonder if a silicone/clay form would be better... hmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by aneemal View Post
    Aneemal- I got the putty! Do you think I should put plastic wrap or something on the resin to protect it from staining? I've never used this stuff before-

I guess I should do a two part mold? I would think that to make a wig you might want the entire head ? If you have any ideas let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Grevling View Post
    You can say that if you have a Asian RED and an European Porcelain, you'd need no "adaptations" to make the wig fit well for both. In all other cases I have developped a few very small but effective "professional tricks" which have seemed to work so far, so the customer may use the wig as much as possible for all her dolls of course they'll look a bit different (like for instance the last one I made for Els I expect will look different on her Caucasian RED but about the same on Arya and the Asian RED) but I made it so that she can use it for all 3 dolls if she wishes, and the cap will sit well on all 3.
    Indeed, the wig that you made works really well on all three girls. You can see so in this comparison photo :

For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Ohh, nice photos, Els! The wig does look fine on all three girls, but I must say on Arya it's very striking - possibly because her painted features are more contrasting

Galacticat, I'm so sorry - I completely missed your previous post... Yes, I'd advise using some plastic wrap to protect the resin. I'm not sure if the putty would stain, but it is rather oily :s

Here is a photo of the moulds I made:

Looking good! Eeep! by Amal, on Flickr

I just moulded the back of the head. You could do a two-part mould, but as you can see, you can get away with one

I hope to post more photos soon bcause I've made the wig cap and last night I prepared some wefts... I'm just thinking through my strategy now, for attaching them to the wig cap

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    I really love the long wigs that are not too fluffy. I have made a wig for my Ruse using the glue cap method but the bulk of the wig overwhelmed her tiny face. I'm going to try to make a wig for ED but do any of you experienced wig makers out there have suggestions for keeping it from being too bulky?
    Dear Sabrina, to avoid bulkiness you could between other things use less hair. And keep the hairline high (like also Marina does). When the hairline is low it looks immediately overwhelming on the little face.
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

Quote Originally Posted by Bibarina View Post
    That is really useful to know Grevling! Thank you!
    You're welcome dear Bibarina!

Quote Originally Posted by Eiko82 View Post
    Indeed, the wig that you made works really well on all three girls. You can see so in this comparison photo :

Els, I'm happy to have the confirmation that you can use this wig for all 3 girls !
    Ups ! It looks as if the trip has made the bangs a little uneven I would advise you to style them again, wetting them lightly, so they look straight again
    (By the way I will soon add a hair care page to Isadora's blog, as per another client's request on how to care for the wigs).

Personally I like this wig most on Arya and Gwen

I just love how a change of wig can give a whole new look! Wonderful!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information