+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2015! Sign up!

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibarina View Post
    Yes me!!! Lol! I had a look at previous ones and saw all the wonderful items people have made/bought/thought up and thought yikes!!
    Thank you for sharing in my dilemma, I don't feel so alone!

And thanks Amal you are so kind, but no matter how well I do I'm always second guessing myself.
    Last edited by lilithskyblu; December 4th, 2015 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aneemal View Post
    Lol! That makes me so curious to know who you got!!! I think that everyone takes part in the same spirit - that on top of receiving a gift, it's more about sharing a passion. I am going to think long and hard about something that my Secret Santa might like and hope for the best... I'm sure they wouldn't want you to feel stressed about it. Maybe we can brainstorm ideas in this thread - without giving too much away!?!
    I think brainstorming ideas while being careful not to give anything away (I guess just not mentioning recipient names) is a marvelous idea... I think if we shoot to send by Jan 31st that gives us almost two full months -- How does everyone else feel about that -- Do we need more time than that? We can be flexible since it is Spring Santa...

Oh, I think that's good - plenty of time!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

I've taken part in some really fruitful Blythe swaps recently, within a group filled with both very generous and highly talented artists - it's been interesting to see what everyone has gotten, here are some ideas that will hopefully make all this less daunting and a lot more fun!!!

Obviously Blythe is much more popular and easier to find things for, but Enchanted Dolls can share a lot of the 1/6th scale props other dolls of similar sizes use.

Photo props are always useful, and can be as simple as a beautiful piece of old/new lace that can be used as a "table cloth" or "rug"
    There are readily available DIY printable templates for lots of miniature props, like tiny parfume packaging, or other small boxes. A lot of these are free and you can adjust the sizes to the right scale via your printer.

Etsy is a good place to look for "little" things, or ideas to try at home of you're feeling stuck. If you prefer to outright buy, then using the tag #enchanteddoll will bring up items both already made to fit ED's, and other suitable things that sellers are trying to market for this size of doll.

There are also sites like Spoonflower, Rebubble, (will update with more options soon) where you can actually upload an image (even a photo) and they print it for you in tshirts, mugs, bedspreads, cushiona, all sorts of things! Some of these are remarkably well priced and would make cool gifts. Everyone has mentioned their favourite ED's in their info post here in this thread ;-)
    *in the past Marina and Chad have been really cool about using their photographs of the dolls for handmade gifts for the forum Secret santa swaps. Just remember on some of these site's you need to remember to mark your uploaded image/s as private otherwise other people will be able to purchase them - and that would be not so ok. If

If your swap partnet is a crafty/arty one maybe some lovely "materials/supplies" would be a nice idea too. Maybe you've seen some beautiful antique lace or fabric, or tiny buttons. I once received a swap present filled with beautiful scraps of embellished silks and satins. I was over the moon.

Finally, remember we are all from different parts of the world, something local from your country might be really appreciated and treasured :-)
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

I'm super excited! This is going to be so fun! Its my first year participating in this!
    Here is my questionnaire:

Favourite Enchanted Doll: Cinderella 2, Little Red Riding Hood, Princess and the Pea, and The Shape Shifter
    Dream Enchanted Doll: Any of the my favorites!! But my dream came true with my RED
    Likes: Miniature anything for dolls (wigs, clothes, accessories, furniture, diorama things, etc), I love animals, and fashion and art
    Favourite colours: Purple, Blue, Silver, Black, and White
    Favourite Style or Era: Victorian, Regency, 1950's & Old Hollywood Glam
    Do you own a porcelain/resin ED: I own a Resin ED, Birthday Doll of 2015

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    Wow! Thanks Monika, great ideas!

Yes, there are some really good ideas here Monika! Thank you for sharing them!

Since this is my first time doing Secret Santa I'm trying to understand the Secret part I read about hints? How are those usually done? Just curious how its been handled specifically in the past. I wouldn't want to just sign my name but I don't want to make figuring it out too hard. Thanks guys!

I've had santas in the past that I still don't know who they were and some sign their name with the gift. Whatever you are comfortable with I would think. I do like knowing who to thank

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information