+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Face up query

Face up query

Hi guys, as an eager person waiting for her blank RED who is ready to explode at the very thought, I am already wondering about who I contact about face ups. Can anyone recommend a good artist? I live in the UK and I am a little apprehensive about sending her too far away after it has taken so long to get her but, at the same time, I appreciate that if I want a good job done then I may have to do this. Help!

Hi BellaBronte,

This is probably not a response that you were expecting, but I just wanted to say that I'm so eager to see a resin ED head and paint one that I'd be willing to do a faceup absolutely free of charge and I'd even cover the cost of shipping by Special Delivery! I'm not a faceup artist, but I have painted my own dolls (whose face is smaller than ED) as you can see on flickr:

But don't worry, I completely understand if you'd rather go with someone with more experience. ViridianHouse is based in the UK and is one of the most renowned faceup artists in the bjd world. I have never seen her paint an ED before - and I don't know if she still takes commissions - but maybe she too would be interested in having the opportunity to paint one.

Also, Bibarina - Melissa - has done an absolutely gorgeous faceup on a Popovy doll and that was her first faceup! Maybe you could ask if she'd be willing to paint your doll (Forgive me Bibarina for volunteering you!!!! Please see it as a vote of confidence! )

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Suok2011 did a beautiful job on her resin doll, just recently. I am not volunteering her, because I don't know if she takes commissions, but maybe you can ask her. She is on this forum.

Hi Linda yes I would be happy to if you wanted, but to be honest- Aneemal has far more experience than I!! I'm afraid I don't know anyone in the UK who does them, other than ViridianHouse who Aneemal already recommended. Suok2011 did a beautiful face-up on her doll, and that of a friend, and there is Mai (BelleNolia) but you may have a long wait as she is booked up until spring. I know there are lots more people who do them, but most seem to be in the States, Canada or Asia. Monika (OrchidsDesigns) does a lovely face-up, but she is based in Australia, and I don't know if she takes commissions for them.

I used Angel toast for one of my resins, and Paul Pham on Numina for the second. Both did a great job. Both are in the US though.

Face up query

Try looking for people that do OOAK fashion dolls, since they also have small faces?
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

Mai is not taking any more commissions from what I understand. Who did you send yours to Allurose (I hope you don't mind me asking)?

My two recommendations for an artist specifically in the UK would be (besides Amal!) Sioux (littlemoo) or even trying Karolin Felix.
    Both usually paint other dolls (Sioux paints for Makies dolls, and Karolin works on Blythe customs) but the allure of painting an Enchanted Doll might sway them to accepting a special custom request :-)
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Ooooh yes, Karolin Felix! ...I imagine she would do a fantastic job! Her Blythes are gorgeous... those lips!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    They're not in the UK, but Julia Cross and KarinaKo, both on Flickr, have done wonderful ED face ups.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information