+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Face up query

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Great choice Sabrina! I've been talking to Karina too.

Bibarina-- I don't know the time frame yet. I'm waiting for another e-mail with instructions. So we'll see.
    Allurose-- Yes, she's in Russia. I'm worried about the post in Russia as I've heard tales here about how bad it is. And her face-ups are so gorgeous it's worth the worry.
    Merrijane-- that's great!! I can't wait to see your girl-- what kind of look are you after or do you want to tell us yet?

Sabrina, I have sent to Russia from here in the UK quite a few times. I have never had a problem. I think the issues are more that it can be a bit slow, rather than it being unreliable, so your doll should be safe enough!!

That's good to know Bibarina. I'm really hesitant to send my doll anywhere, let alone somewhere as far away as Russia.

Sabrina, my preferences are few...a combination of Echo, every Sapphire I've ever seen, the beautiful girl Mai painted and Bluemoonstar's Evangeline just to name a few!

I really love painted eyes, but I'd rather not have a permanent modification. I loved the way BelleNolia (Mai) made painted eyes which were removable and a couple of years ago, I remember Marmite Sue cast separate little blank resin eyes for a couple of her Angel Egg sculpts to allow the choice of painted or glass eyes. I talked to Karina about this and she told me that she works with someone who actually makes the resin Popovy and Enchanted dolls. So I'm hoping that it may be possible for him to cast some resin eyes. Fingers crossed!

I love the way Karina painted this girl too...

wow...that's a beautiful doll x

Yes, she is very beautiful! If I'm lucky enough to get an RED, (fingers and toes still tightly crossed lol!) I would like to make some removable eyes that can be painted too! I just love how expressive they can be. I would love to go for a Ruby/Echo type look as I'd like an Asian sculpt- but I constantly see different styles and fall in love with them as well. I am totally in love with the gorgeous red haired 'heart' doll that Marina currently has on display in her new glass cabinet. I think she is absolutely gorgeous- those eyes, her expression and her hair colour are exquisite, and there is something really special about her (to me, anyway!). I would really like to go for something that is close to Marina's own vision, as this is what made me fall in love with her work in the first place.

I know what you mean Bibarina. It's a big ask to try and capture the magic that Marina is able to bestow on her dolls, but that is the holy grail for me.

Quote Originally Posted by merrijane View Post
    I know what you mean Bibarina. It's a big ask to try and capture the magic that Marina is able to bestow on her dolls, but that is the holy grail for me.
    Yes, Marina has set the bar pretty high lol! I really like the artist you have chosen, she has her own style. Her painting is very subtle and suits the enchanted dolls very much I think

I don't think you need cast resin eyes to paint- I just used wooden beads. Unfortunately my painting was awful- so though I had nice white eyeballs- that is as far as I got. I did eventually find a face up artist that made eyes from apoxie sculpt or some other clay and painted them for me. But I think any faceup artist who does small enough paint jobs, could do an ED. I would suggest going to Den of Angels and going through the face up commission part of the market, and look at the portfolios and feedback. There are plenty of face up artists out there who have been dying to paint and ED.

That's good to know about the Russian post Bibarina!

I LOVE the way Karina painted this doll, and this is one of my all time favorite RED's- but I'm thinking of a blonde/auburn hair freckly look. We'll see!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information