+ Reply to Thread

Thread: annual auction for 2015?

annual auction for 2015?

Hey guys,
    I wonder if Marina has plans for the annual auction for 2015? Or maybe she will skip this year since the last one, which is Cinderella, ends in this year. I can see from the postings of the forum members that Marina is probably busy with the resin orders. Besides that, I really have a feeling that she has some big plans for new creations, which makes me very curious about the news dolls she is making. Mentioning that, It feels like Marina hasn't done any doll shows for a couple of years. Am I right about that? I guess when she does again, we will be fascinated by some brand new creations. I really wish that will come sooner before my time schedule becomes busy again, but well, you can't rush an artist.

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    I was wondering the same thing. That auction is always such an exciting yearly event.
    But I must say it's been a pretty "lack luster " year so far except for those receiving dolls! We never got to see Lady Pompadour finished either. I bet she is bought and being given as a Christmas present so Marina can't show her yet. Maybe we should all check under our trees for her on Christmas!!!!!

Oh madame P,it's really been a while, hasn't it? I wonder if Marina has finished her or not since we never got a slightest peek on how she turned out to be. Mentioning that, I am actually always thinking about Theodora. The emotion on her face captured me so much. I really want to see more photos of her if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lilithskyblu View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. That auction is always such an exciting yearly event.
    But I must say it's been a pretty "lack luster " year so far except for those receiving dolls! We never got to see Lady Pompadour finished either. I bet she is bought and being given as a Christmas present so Marina can't show her yet. Maybe we should all check under our trees for her on Christmas!!!!!

Yes, I was wondering if there was going to be an auction soon! I kind of figured it would be the project 'Madman P' too. Her tattooing looked very complex, and I expect Marina has been working on an amazing costume and accessories for her, so I imagine it has been really time consuming. It would be nice to have something to take my mind off the resin waiting list lol!

I love the winter auctions. Fingers crossed there will be one this year, I can't afford to bid or buy but I follow it very closely and dream.

I always love the moment when Marina reveals the auctioning doll. It's a feeling I can't really describe. Excitement?fascination? Satisfaction for curiosity? I can't tell, but I love it.

I'm sure that Marina will announce the annual auction when she has a doll ready for auction. Who knows? She might be working on one right now as we speak.

Tho I wouldn't be surprised if the annual auction is held in 2016. We shouldn't forget that Marina took a 3 months break from dollmaking over the summer due to a burn-out. So I'd rather have her take her time and enjoy doll-making than rush her and cause her to relapse.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Quote Originally Posted by Eiko82 View Post
    I'm sure that Marina will announce the annual auction when she has a doll ready for auction. Who knows? She might be working on one right now as we speak.

Tho I wouldn't be surprised if the annual auction is held in 2016. We shouldn't forget that Marina took a 3 months break from dollmaking over the summer due to a burn-out. So I'd rather have her take her time and enjoy doll-making than rush her and cause her to relapse.
    Absolutely! Either way, it's something to look forward to at some point in the future!

Definitely no rushing. I do believe that all the best works need time and great efforts. So I hope Marina takes all the time she need and do not stress to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiko82 View Post

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information