+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Body Blushing

Body Blushing

Yes, xanthi is a master. I know a few other artists who excel at that kind of texture. I have no idea how it's done myself. Magic??

Glad you like the brushes!
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

I think I pulled up on the knot and rotated the ring in side the head. It was a couple years ago though so I forget it all exactly. But I did remove both heads. When I sent of the body for blushing, the string was removed, and then I lost the string. Since then she has just not been strung correctly and is too loose. A friend and I tried to get her that tight again- but together we were not strong enough. I have no idea how it was done in the first place.
    Never loose the string!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    I think I pulled up on the knot and rotated the ring in side the head. It was a couple years ago though so I forget it all exactly. But I did remove both heads. When I sent of the body for blushing, the string was removed, and then I lost the string. Since then she has just not been strung correctly and is too loose. A friend and I tried to get her that tight again- but together we were not strong enough. I have no idea how it was done in the first place.
    Never loose the string!
    I think that these dolls are strung by machines in the factory. I might be wrong but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Popovy and EDs are made in the same factory. Ivan from Popovy Dolls mentioned on the PD forum that the dolls were strung by machines and doesn't recommend people trying to restring the dolls themselves 'cause they can't string them as tightly as the machine.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Body Blushing

They are strung UNBELIEVABLY tight. I can believe it was done by machine. I have never seen the like.
    Follow me on Flickr!

She is looking very beautiful x

They look so good, just like real hands!

Thank you ever, ever so much you lovely people , for the warm encouragement and kind comments! I am so thrilled to have had this chance to paint an ED and I just need to finish off her toes and she will be ready to travel back home this week!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Yay! BellaBronte will be so thrilled to have her darling home again!! Congratulations on a job well done lol!

Howdy, I am preparing to body blush Surrea so was reading this thread. Your hands are so delicate aneemal.

Question - I don't plan to dissemble her soooo, do I spray MSC on the whole body during the blushing process?

I did take her head off for a face-up, omg never again! Taking it off was simple, putting it on .. it was soo hard due to the tightness of the elastic, my pliers slipped and I thought ohhh nooooo. It was fine but I'll never take it off again.

Body Blushing

Yes you MUST spray with msc or another approved sealant before applying pastels otherwise they will stain the resin!!
    Or if you were just asking if it's ok to spray even though she is assembled: yes
    I have blushed assembled dolls before ( out of laziness not necessity), and it works fine.
    Follow me on Flickr!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information