+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Seattle!

Greetings from Seattle!

After 2.5 years and very little expectation of ever actually getting an RED, I have been notified my name is up on the list for one of the last 100 dolls!

I am so happy I will be able to get a RED at last- I thought for sure Marina would have tired of making these before I ever had the chance. And now it does seem she is done with REDs for now- but by some miracle I can get one!

The only difficulty is that I had counted on Marina doing the face-up, as it is her style that I love more than anything, and she is no longer wanting to do that. Totally understandable but even if I can pick an artist that does work similar to Marinas, the thought of mailing the doll off is alarming.

Don't you guys feel nervous mailing your doll off to an artist? What if she got lost ?? Maybe that is why so many are learning to do their own?

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your email!
    I think what I would do is choose someone in my country who could paint my doll, and if I couldn't find that (for me that wouldn't work because I know of no-one here in Sweden who paints dolls) then I would find someone in Europe. At this time, my top choice is Aneemal as she just did a really lovely faceup and body blush on an ED, and also she is in UK. (If I ever need my resin girl touched up)
    Maybe you can find someone in your country, where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by annina View Post
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your email!
    I think what I would do is choose someone in my country who could paint my doll, and if I couldn't find that (for me that wouldn't work because I know of no-one here in Sweden who paints dolls) then I would find someone in Europe. At this time, my top choice is Aneemal as she just did a really lovely faceup and body blush on an ED, and also she is in UK. (If I ever need my resin girl touched up)
    Maybe you can find someone in your country, where are you from?
    Those are good suggestions- I think Aneemal did a great job too but I am in the US.

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    Those are good suggestions- I think Aneemal did a great job too but I am in the US.
    Ah I see, well you could always ask in our WTB section here on the forum to look for people willing to take on painting your doll, and to see examples of their work on other small dolls.
    I hope you'll find someone to make the doll perfect for you!

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Had to delete this....posted twice...oops!
    Last edited by merrijane; December 10th, 2015 at 08:15 AM.

Hi Galacticat, welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting a doll!

Yes, I feel very nervous about sending my doll to an artist by post. What if she gets lost? What if someone within the mail system realises her value and steals her? What if the artist doesn't send her back? .... better stop there, before I give myself nightmares. And besides all that, now that I have her, I really don't want to let her out of my sight.

Hi Galacticat- if you don't want your doll's eyes modded closed then Angel Toast is in the US and does a lovely faceup on tiny dolls- I have a Heartstrung Ruse (Amal's doll) that she painted and she is beautiful. She does body blushing too. She has one example of an ED she did on her Flickr. I wanted my doll's eyes modded closed so I sent her away (and it was really hard to do).

Thanks so much for the suggestion Sabrina- I'll look her up

Quote Originally Posted by merrijane View Post
    Hi Galacticat, welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting a doll!

Yes, I feel very nervous about sending my doll to an artist by post. What if she gets lost? What if someone within the mail system realises her value and steals her? What if the artist doesn't send her back? .... better stop there, before I give myself nightmares. And besides all that, now that I have her, I really don't want to let her out of my sight.
    Exactly my thoughts! Plus I'm not even sure that the post covers insurance up to the value of the doll- and if she is insured- does that just send a flag that the package is worth stealing??

Allurose said she was unable to insure her doll for the full amount. Also, even if it were possible to have full insurance cover, would it be possible to buy a replacement doll? Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by merrijane View Post
    Allurose said she was unable to insure her doll for the full amount. Also, even if it were possible to have full insurance cover, would it be possible to buy a replacement doll? Maybe not.
    I would think not replaceable. What a tragedy. I have actually only had one box go missing one time, but it was a priority box with tracking which you would think would be safer. And the box was BIG. It was scanned into a big shipping hub, and never scanned back out, which means someone walked off with it...

I can't imagine what I'd do if that happened to my ED...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information