+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Journal | 3d Model Shoes!

Good luck with your shoe project, if you succeed you will have a lot of customers for sure if you want to sell them. Fingers crossed for you!

looks very interesting...and difficult..good luck x

Quote Originally Posted by Grevling View Post
    Hey darling Amal...how are your experiments with shoes proceeding ?
    Yey, I have news!!!! ...see the next post!

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    I had met some jewelry artists in a class last year- and some actually use Shapeways (or something similar) for the initial "sculpt" - then they use that to make a mold for casting metal and such-

I wish I could do that! I am very interested in your shoe project- there are so few shoe options for RED dolls-
    Shapeways will cast metals too - but yes, I think you could make a mould from a prototype in any material and then get a wax model from that to use for metal casting yourself. I wish I new how to do it all, but for now I am happy to throw my money at the experts, lol

Quote Originally Posted by skulptress9 View Post
    Good luck with your shoe project, if you succeed you will have a lot of customers for sure if you want to sell them. Fingers crossed for you!
    The beauty of Shapeways is that you can make your models available for sale via their website - so anyone can purchase things directly from them. I would love to make things available to others, but I want to be 100% sure that they are the best they can be!

Quote Originally Posted by lynne View Post
    looks very interesting...and difficult..good luck x
    Thanks lynne! As with anything, it's difficult at first, but practice, practice, practice!... (and a little bit of hair pulling too! Ha-ha!)

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

New shoes!

Soooo, a couple of weeks ago, Shapeways had promotion event and I needed to order some extra doll parts anyway, so I decided to bump up my order with some test shoes too in order to qualify for free shipping! ...and I'm so happy I did!

My order came in yesterday and I was readying myself for disappointment, because what are the chances this would work first go, right?! ...Well, lo and behold, they fit!!!!!!!

I ordered two pairs - one in yellow and one in orange! I thought it would be fun to see the shoes in different colours and although I'd like to try the 'metallic plastic', I'd have to tweak the model a bit because that particular material requires a slightly greater wall thickness (greater than 0.6mm). The yellow shoes are slightly bigger than the orange and they fit the porcelain feet. The orange fit the resin...

Although I opted for a 'polished' finish, the material is not shiny as I imagined it would be. It's just slightly smoother than the default finish - and the grain is possibly a little less obvious. I like the funky colours though, he-he! - these are definitely dancing shoes!

What do you think?! Me, myself, I can't wait to make some more now!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

OMG!!! You Genious Amal!!! What an adorable candy! This shoes are brilliant!! I waaaaaant a pair (ok, at least) for my dolly! LOVELYNESS!!

they look great! well done on the design .. I love Shapeways too, you should be able to sand them gently if you want to using 400grit

WOW! they look great! Where can I order?

I seriously love Shapeways! There are SO many things I would make if I knew how! I spend so many hours looking through listings that I can use or ask the artist to modify for doll use, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroksana View Post
    OMG!!! You Genious Amal!!! What an adorable candy! This shoes are brilliant!! I waaaaaant a pair (ok, at least) for my dolly! LOVELYNESS!!
    Perfect description!

Amal these look absolutely fantastic! The fit on both dolls is perfect! You must give yourself a huge pat on the back for a job well done, and first time around too lol! They are gorgeous, move over ladies- I'm jumping in the queue!!!!

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    You're a genius Amal Choo!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information