+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: ED auction Madame de Pompadour

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Galacticat, I've never been able to find more than that little clip. If anyone knows where to find the full episode, please let us know!

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    I know what she does is none of our business, but I feel like there are things we have missed out on. It really wouldn't have hurt to make the show available to us. I know she must have made a few porcelains in the last year, at least I imagine so, but then, I also know she took time off to explore other mediums, so, maybe there were no other dolls? I know I'm ranting a bit, I can't help it I'm information starved.

I might be wrong but that wig on Daphne looks like this one shown in 2012 for the Vogue shoot but more embellished.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

I agree Eiko, I thought so too.

lilithskyblu is offline Excruciatingly Enchanted
    Well it certainly is made of the same fiber, but if that is the same wig, it has been changed to such an extent that it has very little resemblance to the 2012 wig.

Now that's wig making!

I wish she would post a video on wig-making-- her wigs never seem to overwhelm her dolls (the long wigs)- the pompadour style is supposed to be overwhelming.

He he Sabrina! If Marina's wig making is anything like mine, the air would be too blue to video unless it was a silent movie lol!!

She did have a photo tutorial once of one of her beautiful wigs- I tried a couple of her techniques without success, I think she is just ridiculously talented, patient and detail oriented. I suspect a video of one of her elaborate wigs would need to be 72 hours long at least... not very practical, haha

I know it's not going to happen and I completely understand why, but I dream of an in depth instructional book (or better still, DVD) covering making an ED from start to finish, including wig, costume, shoes, jewellery, accessories etc. How fascinating that would be! I loved the w.i.p. videos Marina made of her last Cinderella project...but they left me wanting more!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information